About the course
- The Principles of Communication and Confidentiality
- Removing the Barriers to Communication
- Maintaining Reports and Records
Training and Assessment method
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).
Multiple choice questions (instant results).
Evidence of achievement
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by Training Qualifications UK.
This endorsed BYTSYZ online course is suitable for all individuals working in the social care environment and who are required to communicate, maintain confidentially and maintain records.
This online course, that is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK, is designed for individuals who have to communicate as part of their work role within a care setting and covers the important stages of the communication process, as well as exploring the consequences when things go wrong. The course explores:
- The reasons for communication
- How we communicate
- The communication process
- Reasons for and how to maintain confidentiality
- Barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Use of touch in communication
- Purpose of and maintaining accurate records,
The course is designed for care workers wishing to extend their knowledge in this area of practice.
To further embed this new and often complex learning BYTSYZ has included a number of care related exercises to encourage:
- Liaison with managers and senior carers to engage with issues at the local level, such as the content and location of local policies and procedures
- The contextualisation of learning
- Consolidation of learning
- Define communication in terms of rationale, method and process
- Explain the importance of confidentiality, with specific reference to data protection and the freedom of information
- Identify the barriers to effective communication
- Explain how barriers can be overcome through the use of effective communication
- Know the types and forms of records used in the workplace, the importance of recording accurate information and the rules in relation to accessing such records
- Explain the role of the care worker in effective record keeping and identify their appropriate use
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online||Book now|