About the course
The Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course is an essential step towards AgilePM Registered Practitioner status. This course is also a cost-effective choice for would-be project managers who want to study the Foundation and Practitioner level materials concurrently.
At a glance
- Manage projects efficiently and effectively
- Course code: EC112235
Is this course right for me?
The Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course from e-Careers is best suited to:
- Novice project managers who would like to learn a formal management methodology.
- Experienced project managers who need to cross-train into Agile disciplines.
- Project team members seeking an advanced introduction to Agile methodologies.
- Individuals wanting to cross-train ready for a new career in project management.
Key Learning points
Learn the Basics
The Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course is designed to help individuals with little or no project management experience get started quickly. Initially students will look at the Foundation-level principles of Agile, covering topics like:
- The concepts, benefits and risks of Agile development.
- The philosophy, approach and principles of Agile project management.
- Understanding the DSDM Atern lifecycle and products.
- Recruiting or assembling appropriate project teams.
- How to plan and run a facilitated workshop.
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution to ensure that the correct development path is being followed.
- Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements for deliverables.
- Create a timeboxed plan that keeps the project on track.
- Understanding the importance of negotiation and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure continued progress.
- How to set up and manage an Agile project using the framework.
Once complete, students will be ready to sit and pass the Agile Foundation qualification. They will also be fully prepared to move onto the advanced topics covered in the Practitioner course:
- Overseeing products and deliverables and properly assigning responsibility to management, business and technical departments.
- Structuring and empowering project teams for maximum success and efficiency.
- Using MoSCoW prioritisation to ensure deliverables are completed in the correct order.
- Advanced estimating, measurement and configuration considerations for successful Agile management.
- Defining functional and non-functional requirements for deliverables.
- Implementing quality control to maintain standards.
- Preparing for the future by considering maintainability and scalability during planning.
Agile Project Management (Foundation & Practitioner Package) course from e-Careers ensures that project managers have the skills, knowledge and experience required to successfully manage a project using the Agile framework. Students will also be fully prepared to sit and pass both Foundation and Practitioner level Agile qualification exams.
Individuals completing this course will benefit from:
- Sufficient training and understanding to pass the Agile qualification exams and become a registered AgilePM Practitioner.
- Improved performance either working as part of, or leading Agile project teams.
- Improved project outcomes for employers and customers.
- Improved employment prospects, either through internal promotion, or elsewhere within the project management industry.
Gain the skills to obtain a globally recognised certification and achieve project management excellence. Increase your employment opportunities as well as your salary.