About the course
PRINCE2® Practitioner Course
What is PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® is a process-based methodology for efficient and effective Project Management. An easily tailored and scalable approach for management of all project types, PRINCE2® is widely used in both the private and public sectors, worldwide. Because the PRINCE2® method is in the public domain, it has the ability to offer generic best practice guidance for Project Management. A logical and structured approach, PRINCE2® provides a clearly organised beginning, middle and end to a project which promotes a successful result.
PRINCE2® provides guidance, as well as the skills and knowledge, required to run a successful project in any industry. It is an easy to learn methodology and can be tailored to meet the requirements of any organisation. With a focus on continued business justification and a product-based planning approach, PRINCE2® puts emphasis on dividing a project into controllable stages which ensures a smoother delivery of the products that are to be produced. Another great benefit of the PRINCE2® method is that it provides excellent communication between all members of a Project Management team, which results in increased productivity.
The globally practiced PRINCE2® methodology is proven to substantially enhance the success rate of any project and improve the performance of its team members.
About PRINCE2® Practitioner
The PRINCE2® Practitioner examination is the second of two examination courses that you are required to pass in order to become a registered PRINCE2® Practitioner. Successful completion of this course will indicate that the candidate is able to act as a sufficiently informed member of a Project Management team that uses the PRINCE2® methodology.
Having already gained the basic understanding of the PRINCE2® method and terminology in the Foundation course, the PRINCE2® Practitioner course aims at providing a deeper insight into the methodology. The Practitioner course will detail the relationships between the Processes, Themes and Principles of PRINCE2® and the reasons behind them.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner course will prepare the candidate to be able to apply the method in an appropriate manner within a given set of circumstances and begin to work on projects.
With the demand for PRINCE2® continuously increasing, there is no better time to gain a valuable PRINCE2® certification and enhance your employability.
How PRINCE2® can benefit you and your organisation
Using PRINCE2 provides you with greater control of resources, and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively. This will benefit:
- Individuals seeking leading project management skills and greater employment prospects
- Project managers
- Directors/executives (senior responsible owners) of projects, and
For individuals, PRINCE2 certification is an invaluable asset to your career as it increases employment prospects and helps you to do your job more effectively. For organisations, PRINCE2's formal recognition of responsibilities within a project, together with its focus on what a project is to deliver (the why, when and for whom) provides your organisation's projects with:
- A common, consistent approach
- A controlled and organised start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
Benefits to you
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives - rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
This course will set you aside from the crowd. You will develop a thorough understanding of the knowledge, principles and techniques involved in the practice of project management in a stimulating and challenging environment. With the demand for PRINCE2® continuously increasing, there is no better time to gain a valuable PRINCE2® certification and enhance your employability.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Project Administrator
- PMO Co-ordinator
- Project Manager
In these roles, you could earn up to £55,000 per annum (source: itjobswatch.co.uk, UK Only).