About the course
Demonstrate your abilities as a mortgage adviser by gaining a CeMAP qualification in UK financial regulation. Any homeowner will know how hard it can be to step onto the property ladder, and this leap can be even more difficult without the help of a mortgage adviser. The CeMAP, or Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice, is a level 3 qualification specific to the UK housing market, and meets the educational standard of the FCA so that the bearer can apply for a ‘license to practice’ as a mortgage adviser. Holding this certificate allows you to offer this in-demand service to potential property buyers and develop a career in mortgage advice.
This course covers Paper 1 of the CeMAP qualification, which concerns the key points of UK Financial Regulation. Learn about the fundamental elements of the UK financial services industry, including its purpose and structure, and work towards gaining the CeMAP qualification and advising homeowners yourself.
Make the house-buying process a little easier and venture forward with your career dreams of becoming a fully qualified mortgage adviser. Whether you’re looking to get ahead in your current job role, or you’re hoping to step into a new career, this course in UK Financial Regulation is a great place to start!
Study with the Industry’s Finest
It’s considered by most that the CeMAP qualification is the industry benchmark. With 80% of mortgage advisers holding the qualification, you could join the majority of professionals in the UK and work towards becoming a fully-fledged mortgage adviser, who can help others with their continued climb on the property ladder.
Break It Down into Bitesize Chunks
Studying for a full qualification of this importance can be overwhelming, which is why the CeMap qualification is broken into seven units across three separate modules. Study the two units of CeMap 1 with this course at your own pace, online, over a 12 month period. Continue on to complete the units of CeMap 2 and 3, and pass your examinations (fee payable), to become a professional mortgage adviser.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This resource covers the two units of Paper 1 - one of three CeMap qualification papers. Once CeMap 1 UK Financial Regulation is complete, you can continue towards your mortgage advisor career dreams by completing CeMap 2 and 3 and becoming fully CeMAP qualified.
- Explore the structure and purpose of the UK financial services industry, and why financial regulation is such an important area to understand as a professional mortgage adviser.
- Get to grips with the Data Protection Act 1998, as well as FSA regulation and its conduct of business rule, so that when you qualify to work as a mortgage adviser, you can do so with confidence and thorough understanding.
- Learn more about legal concepts, how they are relevant to the advice you will give, and also how legislation and regulation work together within the finance services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of UK taxation and social security systems
- Learn how to effectively deal with compensation claims and complaints, just in case any issues should arise within your future business.
- Understand how the volatility of interest rates can affect a mortgage customer, including how the fluctuation of interest rates can impact on affordability and acceptance for mortgages.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Constantly updated courses to reflect the very latest in financial regulations. With this course, you will study with the help of the most recent 2014/15 syllabus so that you will be up-to-date and ready to go.
- Be your own boss and work for yourself as a freelance mortgage adviser. The CeMAP qualification can help you to achieve your aspiration of self-employment, as well as having the opportunity to work for a financial institution.
- 'CeMAP' letters after your name, following completion of the three CeMap modules and successful examination passes.
- Full CeMAP qualification is divided into three separate modules, so you can work for your mortgage adviser qualification at your own pace and not overwhelmed.
- Have the opportunity to advise others of their mortgage potential, and earn money, experience and satisfaction from a reputable career!
Start your journey to becoming a fully qualified CeMAP mortgage advisor by investing in this course, today.