About the course
Would you like to gain a globally recognised accounting qualification without having to attend a class? Our AAT Advanced Diploma (Level 3) distance learning course allows you fit your study around commitments like work and family.
This level introduces more complex accounting tasks, such as maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns.
You will receive support from a tutor, along with course books and access to our virtual learning environment, so that you can develop a detailed understanding of these tasks.
Completing this qualifications will open doors to both new employment and qualification opportunities.
What will you study?
The AAT Advanced Diploma contains the following units. You can also choose to study these individually:
- Advanced bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
What skills will you gain?
- Demonstrate accepted principles of accounting and double entry bookkeeping
- Account for purchases of non-current assets, depreciation and adjustments and disposal
- Prepare and extend the trial balance
- Understand the process involved in preparing final accounts
- Prepare accounting records from incomplete information
- Produce final accounts for sole traders
- Understand partnership legislative and accounting requirements
- Prepare a statement of profit or loss appropriation account
- Prepare a financial position statement relating to a partnership
- Understand an organisation’s costing system
- Record and analyse cost information
- Apportion costs to organisational requirements
- Analyse budget deviations, and report these to management
- Use information gathered from costing systems to assist decision making
- Understand the principles of ethical working
- Understand ethical responsibility
- Understand VAT regulations
- Complete VAT returns accurately and on time
- Understand VAT penalties and adjusting for previous errors
- Communicate VAT information
- Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
What will you receive?
- A well-recognised qualification
- Basic accounting skills
- 24hr access to BabingtonOnline (virtual learning environment)
- Personal study plan
- Tutor support
- Live tutor sessions
- Online student forums
- Self grading activities
- Downloadable revision materials
- Sage 50 Accounts software
- Text books (incl. P&P)
- Mock exams