About the course
PRINCE2 - is a well acclaimed and accredited e-Learning for PRINCE2 Project Management. It aims to provide you with a straightforward (self-paced) route to becoming a PRINCE2 certified registered practitioner.
Become an expert PRINCE2® certified project manager of the highest calibre with the PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Package from e-Careers. This low-cost package contains courseware for both Foundation and Practitioner level exams, helping students quickly become subject experts in the PRINCE2® project management methodology.
This course is best suited to:
- Project managers who need to extend their skills or to master the PRINCE2® methodology.
- Project managers who need to formalise their experience and earn the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications.
- Project team members who want to better understand the PRINCE2® framework and its application.
- Consultants and contractors who will be working with organisations that use the PRINCE2® framework.
- Individuals looking to cross-train for a new role in project management and who need an industry-recognised qualification.
Covering every aspect of project management, PRINCE2® is designed to help organisations unify high level management, control and organisation of a project using a single, effective framework. PRINCE2® is particularly popular with enterprise-class businesses and public sector bodies who often have extremely large projects to manage.
The ultimate goal of this course is to prepare students for both Foundation and Practitioner level PRINCE2® qualifications.
Using a series of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Package course delivers 12 modules worth of training online via the e-Careers learning platform. The e-Careers platform provides students with 24x7 access to content so they can study whenever and wherever is most convenient for their needs.
A series of quizzes and flash cards allow learners to test their understanding as they progress, and a number of practical scenarios in each module can be used to practice common responses, or to see how the PRINCE2® framework applies to real world scenarios. End of unit tests and quizzes ensure students have fully grasped the concepts behind PRINCE2® project management before allowing them to move on to the next task. The e-Careers social network also allows students to discuss course content with their peers, providing a valuable outlet for sharing experience and improving knowledge and skills.
Key Learning Points
The PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Package course is designed for project managers of all skill levels, from absolute beginner to those with several years of practical experience. As such, the course is divided into two halves, covering the basics in the Foundation modules, and more advanced topics in the Practitioner section.
Once initial familiarisation with the high level concepts has been completed, focus then shifts to:
- The 7 Principles, Themes and Processes that underpin PRINCE2®.
- The Start Up (SU) process and associated activities that need to be completed to initiate a project.
- The Initiating a Project (IP) process which captures the information needed to govern the rest of the project.
- Controlling a Stage (CS) to help manage each section of the project.
- Managing Product Delivery (MP) that helps to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to agreed standards.
- Directing a Project (DP) helps to support the seven PRINCE2® principles by ensuring that responsibilities are properly delegated and assessments are completed accurately and on time.
- Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) to produce progress reports, obtain sign off and create a lessons report to inform future projects.
- Closing a Project (CP) during which final sign-off is sought, an end project report is written and the benefits of the project are properly reviewed.
Having mastered the seven PRINCE2® principles, course focus then shifts to the seven themes associated with the methodology:
- The Organisation structure that helps define roles and responsibilities for the project board and appoints the project management team.
- The Business Case theme that clarifies expected outputs, outcomes and benefits and how they will each be achieved.
- The Risk theme which seeks to identify and manage risks that could affect project success.
- The Plans theme which defines projects stages, scheduling, resources and financing.
- The Quality theme which is used to define customer expectations of quality and how those standards will be met.
- The Change theme that is used to control issues and changes to prevent scope creep or unplanned changes.
- The Progress theme that helps ensure the project continues moving forward through each stage to final delivery and sign off.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the courseware students can sit Foundation and Practitioner exam simulators that will clearly indicate their readiness to sit the real thing. This bundle also ensures that students have mastered both Foundational and Practitioner concepts, readying them for senior project management roles.
Learners who complete the PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Package will benefit from:
- Foundational and advanced understanding of PRINCE2® readying them for the associated exams.
- The ability to lead and deliver a successful project that is managed using PRINCE2® methodologies.
- Improved performance in PRINCE2® project management teams.
- The opportunity to earn a globally-recognised project management qualification.
- Improved employment prospects as the holder of one of the most prestigious project management qualifications available.
The PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Package course is an essential step towards PRINCE2® Practitioner status. This course is also a cost-effective choice for would-be project managers who want to study the Foundation and Practitioner level materials concurrently.
Upon completion project management courses you can apply to gain your PDU points.