About the course
Fast track a career in project management with this dual course bundle from e-Careers. Approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI), this course package allows students to study basic project management principles in the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). This knowledge is then extended with the Project Management Professional (PMP) course modules which help employees complete projects on time and within budget.
Both PMP and CAPM courses are recognised across a range of industries and is a globally accepted qualification. Having completed the course, students will be fully prepared to sit the CAPM and PMP qualification exams.
Who is it for?
The e-Careers Project Management Institute (PMI) Course with PMP and CAPM is an essential step towards project management excellence, increased employment opportunities and a higher salary. The PMP course is also an essential requirement for students wanting to obtain the globally recognised PMP certification that will help open new opportunities in businesses across the world.
At a glance
- RRP £750 now just £199
- Study basic project management principles
- Course code: EC112237
Is this course right for me?
The Project Management Institute (PMI) Course with PMP and CAPM course is best suited to:
- Project managers who need to improve their planning and execution skills, or to obtain industry-recognised proof of their abilities.
- Managers who want to add project management skills to their resume.
- Project management consultants who need certificated poof of their abilities to show clients.
- Individuals seeking a fast-track route into project management that takes them from basic to expert level quickly.
- Professionals looking for a comprehensive training regime that will give them the skills they need to complete a move into project management.
Key Learning Points
The Project Management Institute (PMI) Course with PMP and CAPM package begins with by taking students through the basic principles of project management by studying for the Certified Associate in Project Management certification. Learners will complete 13 modules that cover a range of topics including:
- Project management processes, like the process group interactions and the difference between project lifecycle and project management process.
- Managing each of the project processes to ensure timely progress, including the assembly of a project management team, developing a project plan, and how to close projects and phases according to pre-agreed standards.
- Using scope definitions to reduce the likelihood of project creep whilst continuing to deliver according to stakeholder requirements.
- Managing time and cost factors that could critically affect project success.
- Defining and maintaining standards of quality throughout the project processes and final deliverables.
- Assigning and managing the human resources required to meet project obligations.
- Building a communications framework to ensure the free flow of data and information between stakeholders and the project team.
- Managing risk and other factors which could affect project deliverables.
- Building a procurement framework that ensures materials and resources are sourced at the right points throughout the project lifecycle.
- How to identify stakeholders and manage interactions to ensure free flow of information without negatively affecting project progress.
With the basic principles of project management mastered, students will then move on to the modules that comprise the Project Management Professional qualification:
- How to build the plans and processes required to plan every stage, milestone and deliverable of the project lifecycle.
- How to build a project team capable of delivering according to stakeholder expectations and agreements.
- Identifying, quantifying and mitigating project risks to ensure positive project outcomes.
- Building quality assurance into the project lifecycle to ensure all deliverables meet pre-agreed standards and stakeholder expectations.
- Accurately estimating and budgeting for time, finances and human resources required for each project stage.
- Controlling project costs to ensure delivery on, or under, the agreed financial limits.
- Implementing procurement structures to ensure resources and materials are available when required.
Upon completion of both CAPM and PMP courses, project managers will not only have a good understanding of project management principles, but they will also be able to oversee projects that complete on time and under budget. Other benefits include:
- A deeper appreciation of project management procedures, allowing them to be more effective in their role.
- Documented proof of project management understanding.
- Delivering projects on time, on budget and according to customer preferences, improving profitability and company success rates.
- Helps project management professionals become more proficient and effective in their jobs.
- Fully prepares candidates for the CAPM and PMP qualification exams, helping to prove their competence in the field of project management.
- A good foundation knowledge of project management processes and techniques that prepares students for more specialised exams including Agile and PRINCE2.
- Improve the employment prospects of those completing the course, helping students be more effective in their current roles.
- Offers candidates the potential to boost their earnings by up to 20% according to research from brighthubpm.com.