About the course
Harness your graphic design abilities and delve into some of the essential features of Adobe’s reputable Illustrator application. Bring some of your creativity to the computer screen, and learn how to make the most out of Illustrator’s tools and features, with the help of course host, Brian Maffitt. With his expertise, and the course material to hand, you will receive a definitive introduction to the well-established tool, so that you too can use it with proficiency and professionalism.
Progress in your Career
Whether you are looking to get ahead and to add another respectable skill to your CV, to impress any prospective employers, or you’d like to broaden your wealth of pastimes and learn how to use the software for your own personal projects, this course is a fantastic place to start, before learning the more advanced techniques and features that the application possesses. Delivered solely online, there is no need to worry about making time, between your various work and home commitments, to commute to study centres – simply fire up the PC, log in to the courseware and learn the material whenever it is convenient for you to do so!
A Manageable Syllabus
The Illustrator Essentials syllabus is broken down into 11 manageable units, which cumulatively require an average of 7 hours to complete. Naturally, your personal learning style will affect how long it takes you to complete the course, but with access being available for a full 12 months after registration, you can revisit and revise the material whenever you like.
Increase your marketability and rise above your competition with your adept use of Illustrator; if a professional graphic design career is what you’re after, adding a qualification from an industry-leading franchise would be the perfect foundation for you to build on, so what are you waiting for?
Key Learning Points
Adobe Illustrator is a favourite tool among designers. While this course will primarily appeal to professionals who have a desire to develop and expand their design knowledge, it may also be of interest to anyone who enjoys graphic design and illustration in their spare time, too.
- Get to grips with the Illustrator interface and learn how to set up new projects, browse the various panels and learn some of the basics such as zooming, panning and setting UI brightness.
- Learn more about the artboard tool, including how to set up multiple art-boards and how to use them.
- Learn how to lock a selection, and how to draw simple shapes such as rectangles, circles, ellipses and polygons. Learn how to edit the shapes using the direct selection tool.
- Explore how to use the Adobe pen tool, including how to draw shapes with Bezier points, adding anchor points and tracing images.
- Understand the principle of object hierarchy, and how to change object stacking orders. Learn how to perform basic transformations, using isolation mode, transform strokes and the transform panel.
- Get to grips with basic fills and strokes, and explore the colour panel and eyedropper tool. Understand the difference between RGB and CMYK colour palettes.
- Explore the swatches panel, learn how to load a swatch library and gain insight into working with the concepts of gradients and patterns.
- Learn how to use the stroke panel, including how to apply a gradient stroke and how to edit the various effects that you use.
- Learn how to use the shape builder tool, and how to recolour artwork automatically. Use the blend tool to create seamless compositions to be proud of.
- Learn how to operate the Adobe Type Engine, including styling document text, using the character panel and performing fine text adjustments to fit your specifications perfectly.
- Learn how to save your files, as well as export them and print them as pdf files.
Advantages of this course
- Gain confidence in your design ability and add another tool to your skillset.
- Delivered in segments, so that you can learn manageable chunks, one step at a time.
- Interactive simulations, to ensure you will learn through doing, providing you with practical, hands-on knowhow.
- Test yourself with self-assessments, to ensure you can monitor your progress and see how well you’re doing.
- Printable reference guides and tutorials, to learn away from the computer too.
- Improve your job prospects and add a venerable course qualification to your CV.