About the course
E-Careers is accredited by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC)
For more information click on the links below:
Become a productive member of a Six Sigma process improvement project team by studying towards the Yellow Belt qualification. Intended specifically for process improvement team members who are completely new to Six Sigma processes, this course is best suited to:
- Process team members who need a qualification that demonstrates basic competence and understanding of the Six Sigma methodology and how it is applied to create new efficiencies and improvements.
- Project team members who need to cross-train or up-skill to learn basic process improvement using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants who need certificated proof of basic expertise and industry-recognised ability to clients.
- Professionals who need to re-skill to facilitate a career change for a new role working on process improvement projects.
Project managers and process improvement team members who are looking for more successful ways of raising standards and improving operational efficiency are ideal candidates for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course from e-Careers.
Fully accredited by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), the course uses a blend of instructor led videos and over 500 pages of active courseware. Delivered online, all course materials are available anyplace anytime, to fit in around the student’s existing schedule, or to act as a ready reference for any projects they are already engaged in.
Participants can also use the social networking tools built into the e-Careers platform to learn from other course delegates. And end of section tests help learners assess whether they are fully ready to sit the official Six Sigma exam and earn their Yellow Belt designation.
Key Learning Points
The Yellow Belt designation demonstrates a student’s understanding of the basic Six Sigma framework and how it is applied to assist with process improvement projects. Designed as a basic introduction to the concept of Six Sigma and the DMAICT methodology, Yellow Belt delegates will learn about:
- The Define phase which defines how projects are chosen, elements of waste are identified and which items need to be actioned.
- The Measure phase which involves discovering and measuring systems and processes before applying Six Sigma statistics to assess efficiency and potential improvements.
- The Control phase which is used to keep improvement projects on time and budget through lean, defect, statistical process and Six Sigma controls.
- The various roles in a Six Sigma project and where the learner fits into that framework and the duties they must perform.
- How to use common tools to perform basic process improvements.
Upon completion of the Yellow Belt course, delegates will be ready to become productive members of a Six Sigma process improvement team. Students will also receive a copy of the complete Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt manual for reference as they work on projects in the future and to assist with study towards their certification exam.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the IASSC Accredited Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training & Certificate course, process improvement engineers and change control analysts will be able to work productively on a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma methodology. Other benefits include:
- A working knowledge of the Six Sigma process efficiency framework and how it can be applied to any process or situation.
- Improved on-the-job performance helping students become valuable members of a team using Six Sigma principles.
- Enhanced employment prospects in other organisations that use the Six Sigma framework.
The IASSC Accredited Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training & Certificate course and exam are an essential first step on the road to Six Sigma mastery. It is also the perfect introduction for any individual working with Six Sigma techniques for the first time.