About the course
Our Level 2 Food Safety e-learning course, written and narrated by food safety and hygiene expert Dr Lisa Ackerley, offers a flexible, convenient, cost effective method of learning in the workplace.
Refresh your food safety skills by completing the Level 2 Food Safety and HACCP Refresher course, ensuring you have up to date knowledge of current hygiene techniques for use in the catering or hospitality industries. This course introduces students to the theory and practical skills required to maintain client safety.
This course is an ideal training choice for:
- Anyone working in a food-handling environment and who needs to learn advanced hygiene skills.
- Existing Level 2 certificate holders who need to refresh their skills and knowledge.
Level 2 Food Safety and HACCP Refresher Course is composed of six modules that help students revisit the advanced techniques and principles of food hygiene. The training programme is delivered online using a combination of interactive course materials and lecture podcasts allowing students to work at their own pace and convenience. Students can use the built-in interactive quizzes to ensure that they are fully understanding each of the course topics.
Every course provides learners with access to a private social networking platform that allows them to share their learning and progress, or to get advice from their peers if they run into problems completing the practical exercises. The platform also allows managers to track employee progress and verify that they are meeting the standards expected.
Key Learning Points
By revisiting the topics they would have covered when first achieving the Level 2 certification, the course ensures students are still demonstrating the same advanced food handling and hygiene skills that are needed to prepare dishes safely.
Students will be shown how to:
- Identify and mitigate common food safety hazards, particularly those that result in food related illnesses.
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene in protecting customers from illness and infection.
- Implement food management systems that comply with legal requirements.
- Applying food safety theory to real world scenarios.
- Building and maintaining a work environment that helps improve safety standards within the kitchen.
Once the course has been completed, learners will sit a short online test to assess their comprehension and confirm they have reached the standard required to retain the Level 2 certificate.
Advantages of this course
Over the course of just six modules, students will master the advanced principles required to prepare, store and handle food safely in line with current legislation. These practical skills can be applied immediately, helping learners:
- Work more safely in a food preparation environment, and to reduce health risks to diners.
- Demonstrate their knowledge and practical experience with a Level 2 food hygiene certificate.
- Acquire transferrable skills that will help them secure a new, more senior role working in a kitchen.
The Level 2 Food Safety and HACCP Refresher course is an essential course that underlines a student’s continued commitment to safe food preparation. Upon completion of the course, learners will be fully prepared to run a kitchen safely, or to maintain the high standards required to protect customers against illness or infection.