Enquire about this course
About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
- THE HISTORY OF COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
- ROLE OF THE PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR
- THE PROCESS OF COUNSELING
- STUDYNG THEORETICAL APPROACHES IN COUNSELING
- IDENTIFYING ETHICAL AND LEGAL ISSUES IN COUNSELING
- OVERVIEW OF HUMAN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN COUNSELING
- SCHOOL COUNSELING TECHNIQUES
- OVERVIEW OF MENTAL HEALTH, SUBSTANCE ABUSE & REHABILITATION COUNSELING
- IDENTIFYING SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ELEMENTS OF COUNSELING
- FAMILY COUNSELING AND MARRIAGE
- CAREER COUNSELING TIPS
- GROUP COUNSELING TECHNIQUES
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in Mastering Counselling.
Who is this course for?
This course would be ideal for those hoping to work as a Counsellor, whether freelance or otherwise.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
- Mental Health Care Worker
- Social Worker