About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and is designed to cover the key topics listed under the course curriculum section below. This course has been designed for 30 guided learning hours.
1. OVERVIEW OF SOFTWARE
- Overview of Software Part 1
- Overview of Software – Part 2
- Overview of Software – Part 3
- Overview of Software – Part 4
2. EXPLAINING HARDWARE
- Explaining Hardware – Part 1
- Explaining Hardware – Part 2
3. OVERVIEW OF SECURITY
- Overview of Security – Part 1
- Overview of Security – Part 2
- Overview of Security – Part 3
4. DEFINITION OF NETWORKING
- Definition of Networking – Part 1
- Definition of Networking – Part 2
5. BASIC IT LITERACY
- Basic IT Literacy – Part 1
- Basic IT Literacy – Part 2
- Basic IT Literacy – Part 3
- Basic IT Literacy – Part 4
6. THE COURSE REVIEW
- The Course Review – Part 1
- The Course Review – Part 2
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Excellent customer service and administrative support
The method of Assessment:
[The CompTIA FC0-U51 IT Fundamentals exam is 60 minutes long and consists of 75 multiple choice questions, a mark of 650 is required to pass the exam. The exam tests you on: foundational IT concepts including identifying and explaining computer components, installing software, establishing network connectivity and preventing security risks. The exam can be taken in the following languages: English, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, German, Korean, traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese]
Recommended experience: No prior experience is necessary to sit this exam.
Please note:The official exam is not included and must be purchased separately.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate inCompTIA FC0-U51 IT Fundamentals.
This course would benefit those hoping to work in the IT industry, particularly in a support / technician role.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds. No prior experience is necessary to sit this exam.
This course would be beneficial to the following careers:
- IT Support Technician
- 1stLine Support Engineer
- Helpdesk Technician
- Desktop Support Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Hardware Installation Co-ordinator