About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. INTRODUCTION: WHAT IS ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS?
- Introduction: What Is Accounting?
- What Are Financial Statements?
2. A REVIEW OF THE ACCOUNTING CYCLE AND PREPARING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
- A Review of the Accounting Cycle
- Reporting and Preparing Financial Statements
3. INTERNAL CONTROL IN ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS
- Internal Control in Accounting Systems Part 1
- Internal Control in Accounting Systems – Part 2
4. MERCHANDISE MANAGEMENT & INVENTORY CONTROL
- Merchandise Management & Inventory Control Part 1
- Merchandise Management & Inventory Control Part 2
5. LEARN BASIC RECEIVABLES ACCOUNTING, ACCOUNTING COMPENSATION AND EXPENSE ACCOUNTING
- Learn Basic Receivables Accounting
- Accounting for Sales, Property, Income Taxes and Employee Compensation
- Depreciation Expense Accounting
6. ACCOUNTING FOR CURRENT AND LONG-TERM LIABILITIES
- Accounting for Current and Long-Term Liabilities – Part 1
- Accounting for Current and Long-Term Liabilities – Part 2
7. INTRODUCTION TO CORPORATION AND STOCKHOLDERS’ EQUITY
8. FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS
- Financial Accounting & Financial Statement Analysis – part 1
- Financial Accounting & Financial Statement Analysis – part 2
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in Mastering Financial Accounting.
- This course would be suitable for those hoping to work as a financial accountant or in finance.
- This course would also be useful for those setting up a business, or who already own a business.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Accounting Clerk
- Financial Controller
- Financial Advisor
- Financial Analyst