About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. A BRIEF HISTORY OF PRACTICES, COUNSELING AND THERAPY
2. PROFESSIONAL PRACTICES IN COUNSELLING AND PROCESS OF COUNSELLING
- Professional Practices In Counselling
- Process of Counselling
3. THEORIES AND MODELS OF COUNSELING
- Theories and Models of Counseling Part 1
- Theories and Models of Counseling Part 2
- Theories and Models of Counseling Part 3
4. ETHICAL AND LEGAL ISSUES IN PROFESSIONAL, SPIRITUAL AND RELIGIOUS COUNSELING
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Professional Counseling
- Theories of Human Development and Spiritual and Religious Counseling
5. COUNSELLING IN SCHOOLS AND MENTAL HEALTH
- Counselling in Schools
- Substance Abuse, Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
6. SOCIAL AND CULTURAL ELEMENTS OF COUNSELING
7. BASIC CONCEPTS IN FAMILY COUNSELING AND ELEMENTS OF CAREER COUNSELLING
- Basic Concepts in Family Counseling
- Essential Elements of Career Counselling
8. 12. GROUP COUNSELING: CONCEPT & TECHNIQUES
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in Counselling Essentials.
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work as a Counsellor.
- This course would also be helpful to those already working in this area who need to refresh their skills.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Freelance Counsellor
- School Counsellor
- Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Marriage Counsellor
- Mental Health Care Worker
- Social Worker