About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. INTRODUCTION TO MICROBIOLOGY AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES
2. GENERAL BACTERIOLOGY
- General Bacteriology
- Advanced Bacteriology
3. DISEASE CONTROL & PREVENTION & WHAT ARE VIRUSES?
- Disease Control & Prevention
- What Are Viruses?
4. DNA VIRUSES AND VIRAL DISEASES
5. RNA VIRUSES AND VIRAL DISEASES
- RNA Viruses and Viral Diseases- Part 1
- RNA Viruses and Viral Diseases – Part 2
6. PARASITIC INFECTIONSNOT AND FUNGAL INFECTIONS
- Parasitic Infections
- What are Fungal Infections?
7. FOODBORNE, BACTERIAL INFECTIONS OF THE GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT & BACTERIAL SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
- Foodborne Diseases and Bacterial Infections of the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Bacterial Sexually Transmitted Diseases
8. BLOOD-BORNE BACTERIAL INFECTIOUS, BACTERIAL DISEASES, BACTERIAL SKIN
- Blood-borne Bacterial Infectious Diseases
- Bacterial Diseases of the Respiratory Tract
- Bacterial Skin and Wound Infections
9. ESSENTIAL PRINCIPLES OF IMMUNOLOGY
- Essential Principles of Immunology – Part 1
- Essential Principles of Immunology – Part 2
10. ANTIBIOTICS: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Antibiotics: All You Need To Know
- Anti-fungal Drugs: All You Need To Know
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. These online multiple-choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in Mastering Microbiology.
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of Microbiology.
- This course would also be helpful to those studying Microbiology who need extra tuition.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Research Analyst
- Lab Assistant
- Research Scientist