About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. METRIC SYSTEM, SCIENTIFIC NOTATION AND PROPERTIES OF MATTER AND ATOM
- Metric System, Scientific Notation and Properties of Matter
- The Characteristics of an Atom
2. PERIODIC PROPERTIES OF THE ELEMENTS AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY
- Periodic Properties of the Elements
- Basic Concepts of Nuclear Chemistry
3. THE OCTET RULE AND LEWIS STRUCTURES OF ATOMS
- The Octet Rule and Lewis Structures of Atoms
- Types of Chemical Bonds
4. THE KINETIC MOLECULAR DESCRIPTION OF LIQUIDS AND SOLIDS
5. GASES AND KINETIC MOLECULAR THEORY
- Gases and Kinetic Molecular Theory
- Gas Laws and Chemical Formulas for Gases
6. CHEMISTRY OF SOLUTIONS AND EQUATIONS
- Chemistry of solutions
- Chemical Equations and Calculations
7. TYPES OF CHEMICAL REACTIONS
- Types of Chemical Reactions – Part 1
- Types of Chemical Reactions- Part 2
8. BASIC CONCEPTS IN EQUILIBRIUM, KINETICS AND THERMODYNAMICS
- Equilibrium in Chemical Processes
- Rates and Mechanisms of Chemical Reactions
- Basic Concepts in Thermochemistry
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in General Chemistry.
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of science, business, or in a laboratory.
- This course would also be helpful to those studying chemistry who need extra tuition.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have basic understanding of the English Language, numeracy, literacy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Research analyst
- Project Manager
- Lab Technician
- Lab Assistant