About the course
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
- MODULE 1 Explore the Fundamentals
- MODULE 2 Identifying Law and Policy
- MODULE 3 How to use a Workstation
- MODULE 4 Good Posture at your Workstation
- MODULE 5 Studying Accidents in the workplace
- MODULE 6 What are the First aid requirements
- MODULE 7 Defining the Fire Safety
- MODULE 8 Analysing your working environment
- MODULE 9 Understanding Stress in the workplace
- MODULE 10 Guide to Lone Working
- Workplace health, safety and welfare
- Workplace health, safety and welfare Handout
EXAMPLE FOR GOOD PRACTICE
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Employees acting on a health and safety issue
- Hazardous waste produced in an office.
- Disposing of hazardous waste
- Issue of security in the workplace
- Example risk assessment for an office-based business
- Risk assessment
- Working with substances hazardous to health
- Safety signs and signals
- Employers’ Liability
- Slips and trips
- Risk assessment
- Reporting accidents and incidents at work
- Welfare at work
- First aid at work
- The health and safety toolbox
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) at work
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple-choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Health and Safety at Workplace.
This course would be ideal for anyone working in any kind of workplace, particularly if you are a Team Leader or Manager.
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a good grasp of the English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.