About the course
Designed to give IT service professionals a basic overview of the ITIL framework and how to apply it, the ITIL Framework course uses more than 9 hours of e-Learning content to communicate and test student comprehension.
Formalise your IT service offering through the application of ITIL® service management principles. Designed for IT support and service professionals of all levels, the ITIL® Foundation Course from e-Careers is the first step towards full ITIL® Practitioner status.
The course content has been approved by APMG, CSME, TUV SUD, giving students the confidence that they are receiving training to the highest standards. They are also guaranteed to receive a good understanding of ITIL® principles and how they could be applied to their own IT service operations.
Using the foundation-level training, IT service management professionals will be able to:
- Assess their existing IT service offering and management toolset.
- Begin the process of planning for the move to an ITIL®-based service operation.
- Implement a transitional offering to maintain services during the move over to an ITIL® framework.
Participants will also be well prepared to take their studies to the next level, first by sitting the ITIL® Foundation level certification exams, and then moving on to the ITIL® Intermediate and Expert-level qualification as appropriate.
key learning points
Designed to give IT service professionals a basic overview of the ITIL® framework and how to apply it, the ITIL® Framework course uses more than 9 hours of e-Learning content to communicate and test student comprehension. Seven separate modules introduce participants to:
- The service management lifecycle and key stages throughout.
- Defining a service strategy for all users of the IT service.
- Designing a service that supports the strategy.
- How to transition to the new service to cause minimum delay and disruption.
- The operations to maintain expected levels of service and satisfaction.
- Implementing a cycle of continual service improvement that keeps driving standards and satisfaction levels higher.
The ITIL® Foundation course uses a mix of audio, video and written materials, allowing students to study wherever and whenever they choose.
Upon completion of the course modules, students will have the opportunity to sit 2 ITIL® Foundation level simulation exams, giving them the opportunity to assess their progress and readiness to sit the final exams for qualification.
advantages of this course
By completing the ITIL® Foundation course from e-Careers, any IT professional involved in service management and delivery will immediately benefit from:
- Full preparation for the ITIL® Foundation-level examination.
- A basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how it might be applied to improving and streamlining IT service provisions.
- Improved on the job performance.
- Improved employment opportunities as students gain new, industry-recognised skills.
For senior IT managers, the ITIL® Foundation course is the first step towards the higher levels of ITIL® certification. The ITIL® Foundation course is an essential basis for all IT professionals operating in an organisation that uses ITIL® frameworks for service provision if they are to properly understand and fulfil their duties and responsibilities.