About the course
This InDesign course is perfect for anyone wishing to make a career move into the graphic design industry, but would also appeal to hobbyists who enjoy creating graphically appealing projects as pastimes and side projects.
Immerse yourself in the essentials of InDesign CS6 and gain a comprehensive understanding of how to make the most out of this versatile application that can help you to design effective page layouts, for print or screen. With the help of Adobe Certified Expert, Randy Hagen, students will learn the basics of this top-notch resource, including how to customise an InDesign workspace and how to use the application’s range of tools and features to create quality documents, each and every time.
An In-depth Syllabus, Delivered Online
With a syllabus that is delivered online, giving you the opportunity to study the curriculum from within the comfort of your own home, the InDesign CS6 course is a superb option for anyone wishing to develop their design skills – whether that’s for the purpose of moving forward within your career, or simply because you have an interest in the area that you would like to build on.
The syllabus is broken down into nine easy-to-navigate chapters, which will be delivered to you separately so that there isn’t any risk of drowning in study materials. Simply complete each chapter as it comes and progress to the next level whenever you’re ready.
Follow your Graphic Design Dreams
In a world where digital design is everywhere, it’s imperative that creative individuals follow their dreams and aspirations, and join the wealth of designers who continue to move with the times and create visually stunning documents for various industries across the globe. What’s stopping you from being one of these people? Hone your creative graphic design skills and learn more about what makes InDesign CS6 an industry-leading tool.
Key Learning Points
This course in InDesign is perfect for anyone wishing to make a career move into the graphic design industry, but would also appeal to hobbyists who enjoy creating graphically appealing projects as pastimes and side projects. Part of the Adobe franchise, there are plenty of other courses also available if students would like to continue with their development.
- Learn how to create new documents within the InDesign software, and how to select and place content where you want it to be. Learn how to work with type and shape tools, and use the control panel effectively.
- Explore some of the layout basics, such as placing and formatting text, placing, scaling and arranging graphic elements and getting to grips with margins, columns and ruler guides.
- Learn how to package and prepare documents, including how to correct preflighting problems and understanding the limitations and capabilities of spellchecking.
- Learn how to customise application preferences, including auto-correction, story editor display, and grid and guide preferences.
- Learn how to set up a trifold brochure layout, by manipulating page size and orientation, and learn how to create paragraphs, colour swatches and character styles.
- Understand the difference between a document and a template, and learn how to create a document from a previously designed template.
- Learn how to create long document templates, including how to construct a table of contents, making index entries and combining multiple InDesign documents to form a book.
- Work with various table styles, and study table creation and formatting, so that the tables you create are exactly how you want them to be.
- Learn how to create interactive pdf files, including preparing them for digital signatures, and resetting tab orders for interactive forms.
Advantages of this course
- Course delivered in manageable chunks, to help you learn and retain the knowledge without feeling pressured.
- Interactive simulations so that you can apply your knowhow in a practical sense. Learn by doing, to aid retention of information.
- Test yourself using multiple choice style self-assessments, and monitor your progress.
- Printable reference guides and tutorials so that you can learn on the move, as well as at your PC.
- Add professionalism to your hobby or student projects, as well as increasing your value in the workplace.
- Improve your job prospects and impress future employers with a versatile skillset that reflects your design abilities.
Add InDesign to your graphic abilities by signing up to this essentials course today - it will help you to illustrate a brighter future.