About the course
The MCSA SQL Server 2012 includes the below 3 courses:
- Microsoft 70-461: Querying SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Microsoft 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
Course Study Format
This course is delivered through ONLINE method. The course is available for you to complete at your convenience over a 12 month period.
This is only an approximate figure and is dependent upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material.
Our Online IT Training Courses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any computer that
has online access!
Unless otherwise specified, official exams are not included.
Microsoft 70-461: Querying SQL Server 2012This e-Careers course is intended for SQL Server database administrators, implementers, system engineers, and developers. This new e-Careers SQL 2012 course is focused on anyone interested in the validation of your skills and knowledge with writing queries.
This course provides the knowledge and understanding for some of these important job functions:
- Apply built-in scalar functions
- Apply ranking functions
- Combine datasets
- Creates and alters
- Design T-SQL stored procedures, views
- Implementing aggregate queries, error handling, sequence generation and data types
- Manage transactions
- Modify data by using INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE statements
- Optimizing queries
- Query data using SELECT statements and Managing XML data
- OUTPUT clause to return data
This learning course from e-Careers provides the knowledge for the 70-461 Exam on Queries on Microsoft SQL Server 2012:
- Create Database Objects
- Create and alter tables using T-SQL syntax (simple statements).
- Create and alter views (simple statements).
- Design views.
- Create and modify constraints (simple statements).
- Create and alter DML triggers.
- Work with Data
- Query data by using SELECT statements.
- Implement sub-queries.
- Implement data types.
- Implement aggregate queries.
- Query and manage XML data.
- Modify Data.
- Create and alter stored procedures (simple statements).
- Modify data by using INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
- Combine datasets.
- Work with functions.
- Troubleshoot & Optimize.
- Optimize queries.
- Manage transactions.
- Evaluate the use of row-based operations vs. set-based operations.
- Implement error handling
Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
This e-Careers trainig course was created specifically for those individuals (Database Professionals) who install, maintain and configure as their primary job function. Any participants setting up database systems and/or responsible for efficient system operation, regular database back ups stored effectively, and securing data from unauthorized access is also a candidate for this e-Careers training course on SQL 2012.
Below is a partial list of job functions associated to this e-Careers training course:
- Audit SQL Server instances
- Back up databases
- Configure additional SQL Server components, Instances and Services.
- Deploying a SQL Server.
- Implementing strategies, columnstores and High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Install SQL Server and related services.
- Management, configuration, permissions, alerts, logins and roles.
- Installation Planning.
The e-Careers SQL 2012 Administering Databases course prepares you for the Microsoft Exam 70-462 - As the participant in the e-Careers SQL 2012 Adminstering course will learn:
- Installation Planning
- Installing SQL Server and related services
- Implementation of a migration strategy
- How to configure additional SQL Server components
- Managing the SQL Server Agent
- Database management and configuration
- How to configure SQL Server instances
- Implementing a SQL Server clustered instance
- SQL Server instances management
- How to properly Identify and resolve concurrency problems
- The collection of and how to analyze troubleshooting data
- Auditing SQL Server instances
- Configure and maintain a back up strategy
- Database restoration
- Implementing and maintaining indexes
- Importing and exporting data
- Managing logins and server roles
- Managing database permissions
- Managing users and database roles
- Troubleshooting security
- Implementing AlwaysOn, database mirroring and replication
Microsoft 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012 This e-Careers course is specifically for participants to measure their knowledge and skills on making the appropriate job role decisions around implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
This course is designed for ETL and Data Warehouse Developers who most likely focus on hands-on work creating business intelligence (BI) solutions, including data cleansing, Extract Transform Load (ETL), and Data Warehouse implementation. Primary responsibilities may include:
- Mastering data using Master Data Services
- Cleansing data using Data Quality Services
- ETL Package development for data loading/transfer/transformation
- Data Synchronization
- One-time data or application migration
- Ad-hoc data manipulations, transformations
- Scheduling ETL jobs
- Managing, configuring and deploying SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
This e-Careers training course on implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 prepares participants for the Microsoft Exam 70-463.
This course will provide all the skills and knowledge for the following areas:
- Designing and implementing dimensions
- Designing and implementing fact tables
- Defining connection managers
- Designing and implementing data flow
- Managing SSIS package execution
- Implementing script tasks in SSIS
- Designing and implementing control flow
- Implementing package logic using SSIS variables and parameters
- Implementing data load options
- Implementing script components in SSIS
- Troubleshooting data integration issues
- Installing and maintaining SSIS components
- Implementing auditing, logging, and event handling
- Deploying SSIS solutions
- Configuring SSIS security settings
- Installing and maintaining Data Quality Services
- Implementing master data management solutions
- Creating a data quality project to clean data