About the course
This course provides an introduction to the PRINCE2 method focusing on its key elements, formalise project management skills and is designed for project managers of all skill levels.
PRINCE2® is internationally accepted as the leading ‘best practice’ project management approach in both the public and private sectors. This course provides an introduction to the PRINCE2® method focusing on its key elements, formalise project management skills and is designed for project managers of all skill levels. This course is an effective choice for would-be project managers who want to study the Foundation and Practitioner level materials concurrently.
PRINCE2 Project Management
Gain a basic insight into PRINCE2 Project Management quickly and easily with this foundations course. Specifically designed for individuals with little or no experience of project management, this introductory course provides a good high-level introduction. This course provides an introduction to the PRINCE2® method focusing on its key elements and provides an understanding of how it can be successfully used to manage any type of project, regardless of scope or size.
PRINCE2® Foundation Package
The PRINCE2® Foundation package is the first step towards certification, helping students understand the core tenets of the methodology and how they are applied to new projects. Formalise project management skills with this PRINCE2® Foundation package training course. Widely regarded as one of the best management methodologies for large, complex projects, PRINCE2® experience and knowledge is rapidly becoming a “must-have” for managers in enterprise class organisations and public sector bodies.
PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Package
This PRINCE2® accredited e-Learning covers Foundation and Practitioner levels. Become an expert PRINCE2® certified project manager of the highest calibre with the PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Package. This package contains courseware for both Foundation and Practitioner level exams, helping students quickly become subject experts in the PRINCE2® project management methodology.
This course is best suited to:
- Project managers who need to extend their skills or to master the PRINCE2® methodology.
- Project managers who need to formalise their experience and earn the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications.
- Project team members who want to better understand the PRINCE2® framework and its application.
- Consultants and contractors who will be working with organisations that use the PRINCE2® framework.
- Individuals looking to cross-train for a new role in project management and who need an industry-recognised qualification.
Key Learning Points
The PRINCE2® Course is designed for project managers of all skill levels, from absolute beginner to those with several years of practical experience. As such, the course is divided into two halves, covering the basics in the Foundation modules, and more advanced topics in the Practitioner section.
- The definition of a project according to the Prince2 methodology.
- Understanding the fundamental differences between a project and a programme, and the correct scenarios for using each.
- Understanding the concepts behind project management and why PRINCE2 is a worthy choice for use as a project management framework.
- Learning from past failures to identify common risks that could jeopardise future projects.
- Addressing those failures to learn valuable lessons for the future.
- The importance of the Starting Up a Project (SUP) and Initiating a Project (IP) processes, and the activities that need to take place with each.
- The Controlling a Stage (CS) and Managing Product Delivery (MP) processes that help ensure deliverable quality throughout the project.
- Directing a Project (DP), Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) and Closing a Project (CP) processes that govern project progress and ultimately, its conclusion.
Once initial familiarisation with the high level concepts has been completed, focus then shifts to: The 7 Principles, Themes and Processes that underpin PRINCE2®.
- The Start Up (SU) process and associated activities that need to be completed to initiate a project.
- The Initiating a Project (IP) process which captures the information needed to govern the rest of the project.
- Controlling a Stage (CS) to help manage each section of the project.
- Managing Product Delivery (MP) that helps to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to agreed standards.
- Directing a Project (DP) helps to support the seven PRINCE2® principles by ensuring that responsibilities are properly delegated and assessments are completed accurately and on time.
- Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) to produce progress reports, obtain sign off and create a lessons report to inform future projects.
- Closing a Project (CP) during which final sign-off is sought, an end project report is written and the benefits of the project are properly reviewed.
Having mastered the seven PRINCE2® principles, course focus then shifts to the seven themes associated with the methodology:
- The Organisation structure that helps define roles and responsibilities for the project board and appoints the project management team.
- The Business Case theme that clarifies expected outputs, outcomes and benefits and how they will each be achieved.
- The Risk theme which seeks to identify and manage risks that could affect project success.
- The Plans theme which defines projects stages, scheduling, resources and financing.
- The Quality theme which is used to define customer expectations of quality and how those standards will be met.
- The Change theme that is used to control issues and changes to prevent scope creep or unplanned changes.
- The Progress theme that helps ensure the project continues moving forward through each stage to final delivery and sign off.
Advantages of this course
- The Introduction to PRINCE2 Project Management course gives participants a high level introduction to the themes and processes that make up the framework.
- Using a range of instructor-led videos and self-study resources, students will be able to learn whenever and wherever best suits them.
- The inclusion of self-assessment tests also ensures that participants can accurately gauge their progress, and identify potential weaknesses before sitting the final ITIL Foundation exam.
- Covering every aspect of project management, PRINCE2® is designed to help organisations unify high level management, control and organisation of a project using a single, effective framework.
- PRINCE2® is particularly popular with enterprise-class businesses and public sector bodies who often have extremely large projects to manage.