About the course
Gain a better understanding of how to reduce the risk of accident and/or injury from occurring by applying simple but effective safety measures when driving in a work-based capacity.
Gain a better understanding of how to reduce the risk of accident and/or injury from occurring by applying simple but effective safety measures when driving in a work-based capacity. The course is an ideal training option for those whose work requires them to drive regularly and for prolonged periods of time including long distance lorry drivers, delivery drivers, taxi drivers etc. It is also suitable for those who work in a managerial position or are responsible for supervising employees who drive on public roads for the purposes of work.
For those who are required to drive as part of their everyday jobs, the risks of being involved in a road accident can significantly increase if the proper precautionary measures aren't taken. Therefore, it is essential for such employees to equip themselves with knowledge of safe driving practices, and acquire the skills to be able to put this knowledge into practice.
This course is designed for students who have successfully completed How to Carry Out a Risk Assessment and How to Write - Risk Assessment. This course is not intended to be a refresher of the Highway Code, nor is it designed as a general guide for driving to and from a student's place of employment. What it does do however, is raise awareness and promote a better understanding of how to manage and/or reduce the risks associated with driving on public roads for the purposes of work.
Key Learning Points
This course is not designed for those who wish to refresh their knowledge of the Highway Code, nor is it there to provide guidance for those who commute by car to and from their place of employment. However, it is aimed at:
- Students who have previously completed How to Carry Out a Risk Assessment and How to Write - Risk Assessment, and wish to add to their existing skill-set and build on their framework of knowledge of managing work related driving.
- Those whose occupation requires them to drive for work-related purposes and/or over prolonged periods of time including long-distance lorry drivers, delivery drivers, bus drivers, taxi drivers etc.
- Employers and/or employees who work in a managerial or supervisory role and who are responsible for a team who drive on public roads for work related purposes.
It is designed to:
- Highlight the importance of conducting risk assessments to help reduce risks and increase awareness of how to safely and effectively manage work related driving.
- Help students gain a better awareness of how to manage and/or reduce the risks associated with work related driving.
- Ensure that employees understand what typical requirements should be considered when conducting a risk assessment in the context of work related driving.
- Provide students with the opportunity to enhance their existing knowledge of how to reduce the associated risks and safely manage work related driving.
- Equip employees with additional practical skills that they can implement to reduce risks and protect their own safety (as well as the safety of others) when driving in a work-related capacity.
Advantages of this course
- Students have the confidence and reassurance of knowing that they are gaining practical knowledge and acquiring new skills that they can apply in their place of work.
- Interesting and engaging multimedia course content designed to complement any learning style, including interactive course material that is used to demonstrate key learning points.
- Adapt the course to suit your schedule and individual style of learning.
- Choose from a broad selection of multimedia content, interactive course materials and engaging quizware.