About the course
Immerse yourself in some of the popular courses that can be attributed to the administration and secretarial aspects of a job role, and give your skillset a boost. With competition for jobs as strong as it is, it’s essential that you have the best possible chance of success – both in your current role, and in future ones. Encompassing a variety of expertise, from accounting and basic office skills, to improving organisational skills, our comprehensive administration and secretarial course buckets can help to update your CV and create a solid foundation on which to continue along your chosen career path.
A Bespoke Learning Journey
By signing up to this exciting package, students will receive two course buckets. The first covers some of the most essential skills required for employability, including ways in which to boost your CV, improve business know-how and enhance some fundamental Microsoft Office application skills. The second bucket gives students the opportunity to learn more about accounting and financial applications, project management, management skills including motivation and planning, and touch typing. Students can select any two courses from bucket one, or any one course from bucket two.
Key Learning Points
Students signing up to the Administration & Secretarial package have a choice of two course buckets.
Bucket 1: Choose any two courses from Bucket One, which includes:
- CV-Builder – An interactive tool which can help students to create a perfect CV, from format, design and professional templates, to understanding how to adjust the content to suit particular job roles.
- ECDL – Comprising of seven different units which look at some common computer-related aspects of a job role, including using the internet and email, word processing and database functions, and how to install software.
- Microsoft Excel 2013 – Stay up to date with the latest release of Microsoft’s spreadsheet application, from the very basic functions including cell formatting and filtering data, to more advanced techniques such as macros, formulas and functions.
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Understand the basics of this powerful email application, from writing and sending emails and archiving them, to setting up mail merges and using the calendar and contacts functions.
- Microsoft Word 2013 – Learn some of the essential features of this word processing application, from setting up headers and footers, and applying various formatting changes, to adding signatures, watermarks and comments.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – Gain the skills needed to create professional presentations, from simple functions like running a slide show, to more complex concepts like embedding video and audio files.
- Business Essentials – Pick up some advice and tips from the Dragons with this Dragons Den affiliated course that takes a look at many aspects of business, including strategic thinking, entrepreneurship and marketing essentials.
Bucket 2: Choose any one course from Bucket Two:
- Introduction to PRINCE2 Project Management – Get to grips with some of the fundamental elements of the PRINCE2 framework, including the difference between projects and programmes, risk assessments and the use of PRINCE2 as a project management system.
- QuickBooks 2012 and 2013 Essentials Course – Learn some of the core concepts that make up both versions of this popular financial software, including its basic functions, setting up suppliers, customers and purchase orders, and charting accounts, invoices and tax.
- Sage 2014 – Work through a variety of modules that will help you to understand the fundamental aspects of this essential piece of accounting software, including monthly routines, reports, VAT and bank reconciliation.
- Easy Type, Touch Typing – Learn how to touch type with precision, and take a look at some of the fundamental elements of a keyboard, including the QWERTY keys and numeric keypad.
- Introduction to Softskills – a three in one course looking at soft skills in the context of customer service, inbound sales and outbound sales.
- Planning & Organisation – Learn how to develop your planning and organisation skills and gain insight into how to implement these skills to achieve a happy, focused workforce as well as maximum efficiency and productivity of your business.
- Motivation & Teamwork – Ideal as part of management training, which will help students to learn how to motivate people and encourage teamwork in order to enhance a team’s overall performance.
Advantages of this course
- Online course material ensures convenient and flexible study. Resources are available 24/7, 7 days a week and are accessible for a full 12 months.
- Technical support is on hand if you need help using the courseware at any stage.
- Compatible with a range of devices, browsers and operating systems, so you can study at home, or on the move.
- Design your own learning journey that matches your skill requirements perfectly.
- Boost your administration and secretarial skills and provide qualifications that are essential for office-based work.
- Our courses are perfect for career development; students could aim for a promotion or perhaps even a whole new job role!