About the course
- 33 modules, over 1.5hrs of video content, supporting PDFs and a course assessment!
- Be able to build rapport and create a positive relationships with psychotherapy clients.
- Learn about the different psychotherapy methodologies and the types of clients that you will encounter.
- Start your own online psychotherapist business and learn where to advertise your services.
- This course is for individuals who are interested in starting a career in psychotherapy and are looking to take the next steps.
Are you fascinated by psychology of human behaviour? In this course you will learn how to provide psychotherapy to children, adults, families and groups; how to create the most positive relationship with your client; what we mean when we say the unconscious mind, and what are the benefits of online psychotherapy.
After completing this course, created by a professional Research Psychologist, you will be able to apply this knowledge in the work with your own clients, helping them to overcome their current difficulties whether they are related to relationships, mental health, their work-related issues or finding their own life purpose during your sessions!
Elmira Strange is a Research Psychologist (MPhil), Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (Dip), and Certified Life Coach (Dip). She has previously worked as a Senior Researcher and Psychology Lecturer where she could inform and help others. Within this course, she combines her passion for Psychology and delivers insight into the career of a psychotherapist.
- About the Tutor
- About the Course
- Course Overview
- Handout: Printable Course Objectives
- What is Psychotherapy?
- A short historical introduction
- Psychology, Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Where do Psychotherapists work?
- Handout: What is psychotherapy
Starting Psychotherapy Practice
- Who can benefit from Psychotherapy?
- Handout: Who can benefit from Psychotherapy?
- Short-term Vs Long-term therapy
- Therapeutic relationship
- What does the first psychotherapy session involve?
Your Potential Clients in Therapy
- Psychotherapy for children
- Handout: Psychotherapy for children
- Individual or Group Sessions
- Family Therapy
- Handout: Psychotherapy for families
Different Types of Psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic approach
- Unconscious procesess
- Defense Mechanisms
- handout: Defence Mechanisms
- Humanstic Approach
- Cognitive Behavioural Approach
- Face-to-Face vs 'Online' Psychotherapy
- How to become an 'Online Psychotherapist'?
- Course Quiz
- Thank You and Good Bye
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course