About the course
Smooth the transition between IT service delivery models with the ITIL® Intermediate ST qualification. Focusing on the process of moving from one service to another, the Service Transition framework is a globally recognised toolset to help simplify and structure the transition.
The ITIL® Intermediate ST course is of particular interest to:
- CIOs, CTOs and COOs tasked with implementing a new service delivery model for their organisation.
- IT operations managers and service managers who need to provide hands-on resources for the new framework.
- Change control managers who will be involved in the day-to-day transitioning.
- IT consultants who are called upon to assist clients with a service transition project.
- IT professionals looking to improve their skills and employment prospects with new skills.
The ITIL® Intermediate ST course helps IT professionals improve their general knowledge of the ITIL® service lifecycle modules, and helps them develop the skills and experience need to plan and implement a major IT service transition.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the ITIL® Intermediate ST course is accessed over the Internet, providing students with anyplace, anytime access. End of module tests ensure participants have attained the required knowledge and skill levels required to sit and pass the final ITIL® Intermediate ST exams and earn their certificate.
Key Learning Points
Focusing on the service transition elements of the ITIL® framework, the ITIL® ST course will introduce students to the concepts behind designing service offerings and how to transition between old and new. Students will also be shown how the service transition element fits into the wider ITIL® framework.
Drilling down into the service transition specifics, students will investigate:
- The principles behind service transition, such as optimisation and inputs and outputs that need to be considered during the design phase.
- The processes that underpin the service transition project, and the skills and techniques needed to properly assess and manage the transition.
- How to manage the human element of any IT service transition project, including stakeholder expectations and communications.
- Assessing organisational impact and changes throughout the service transition project.
- The technical implications of service transition with special consideration of the move from on-site to Cloud services.
- Considering the success factors and risks associated with service transition and how best to meet each.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the ITIL® Intermediate ST course, IT professionals will be able to plan, complete and assess the success of service transition projects. Other benefits include:
- Ensures services transition into production properly and operate as intended once live.
- The ITIL® ST framework helps support and strengthen service delivery for happier customers.
- Ensures service delivery and transitioning completes as per the plan in the ITIL® Service Design phase.
- Tangible business benefits (productivity gains, cost efficiencies) that have a definite impact on the company bottom line.
- Opens up greater job prospects in IT service environment for students who complete the course.
The ITIL® Intermediate ST course and exam are an essential qualification for IT service professionals and managers who want to improve their skills and employment options, who need to prove their competence in transition service delivery models. The ITIL® ST course is also an essential step towards obtaining the full ITIL® Intermediate certification.