About the course
Flex your web development muscles with our online Flex 3: Rich Internet & AIR Applications course, designed to take your skills to the next level and unlock the door to the exciting new marketplace for developers. Using the rigorous training and accompanying project work files, you’ll discover the evolution of rich Internet application using Flex framework. You’ll also become confident in how to build applications using the latest Flex Builder 3 tool that harnesses the best of the desktop and the web.
The course is structured into 2 discs, with a total of 22 chapters of study on them, meaning no stone will be left unturned as you upgrade your skills, confidence and employability. And there’s no need to worry that you won’t be able to fit it all in – you get a full 12 months to complete the course meaning you get the flexibility of choosing to study at a time and in a place that suits you. Also, the course is delivered in sections to make it more manageable.
What Will I Learn?
You’re already a confident web developer but to stay ahead of the game in this uber competitive marketplace you need to be one step ahead. Accomplish this by learning how to connect your Flex and AIR applications to server data sources and how to manage data effectively. You’ll also learn how to extend the Flex component framework using your knowledge of the Flex class hierarchy before moving on to drawing using ActionScript 3 and applying this programme to customise your components using CSS. Other highlights include mastering native application windows, uncovering how to access the file system in AIR applications and uploading files from a rich Internet application.
Key Learning Points
Fine-tune the skills you already have and learn many more with this comprehensive and rigorous online training that will make you stand out as a web design professional to be reckoned with.
- In Disc 1, begin with an introduction to Adobe Flex Builder before getting started with using Flex Builder.
- Next move on to the Learning Flex Fundamentals chapter and progress on to the section on handling events.
- Get to grips with retrieving XML data with HTTP Service then tackle how to use view states for application design.
- Master application navigation and how to exchange data between components.
- Get confident in looping through data using a repeater before completing Disc 1 by getting up to speed with displaying data using the datagrid.
- In Disc 2 learn how to create a stock photo application before finding out all you need to know about extending flex components.
- Move on to drawing programmatically and reducing app size then discover more about animating components and state changes.
- Next learn about implementing drag & drop functionality and validating and formatting data.
- Progress on to mastering how to manipulate complex client-side data.
- Next on the agenda is providing XML to controls with E4X and uploading files to a server.
- Move on to getting started with AIR and creating native windows.
- Put the icing on the cake of your learning by discovering how to access the file system through AIR.
Advantages of this course
- Learn how to effectively architect applications that follow best practices to produce maintainable, re-useable software.
- Discover how to easily connect your Flex and AIR applications to server side data sources as well as how to manage data effectively on the client following best practices.
- Understand how to make the most of and extend the Flex component framework using your knowledge of the Flex class hierarchy.
- Find out how to draw using ActionScript 3 and how to apply this program to customize your components using CSS.
- Learn how to create native application windows, plus uncover how to access the file system in AIR applications and how to upload a file from a rich internet application.
- Our glossary and search feature enables you to quickly access all the information you need.
- Increase your confidence and add new software skills to your CV.
Whether you’re pitching for a major freelance project or looking to move up a few rungs on the career ladder, make sure you’re the one leaving the competition behind by signing up to our Flex 3: Rich Internet & AIR Applications course today.