About the course
Those people who have completed the CIW E-Commerce Specialist course have shown they have what it takes to be an indispensable member of a web or marketing team – with a working knowledge of e-commerce standards. The CIW E-Commerce Specialist exam gives them the opportunity to gain certification in this discipline. This is clear evidence for employers in a range of sectors that they have the valuable assets to make a real difference to their business.
Before beginning the course, candidates would already have an understanding of the foundations of web technologies. Upon completion – and when entering for the CIW E-Commerce Specialist exam – they will have become highly proficient in e-commerce practices and site design.
They are likely to be professionals working in one of the following sectors:
- Web Design
- Internet Consultancy
- Information technology
- We and Graphic Design
- A wide range of other business
Key learning points
The CIW E-Commerce Specialist exam 1D0-525 lasts for 75 minutes and contains 72 questions. To pass the exam, candidates will need to achieve a score of 68%, demonstrating a range of knowledge and skills:
- E-Commerce site development – including: evaluating an e-commerce site to maximise audience usability; developing and hosting an e-commerce site using instant storefront service sand standalone e-commerce software; implementing e-commerce-based learning solutions, inventory and fulfilment strategies and payment processing services for an e-commerce site.
- E-Commerce technology and security – including: defining and using standards, initiatives and e-commerce frameworks that support supplier transactions; configuring web server software for an e-commerce site; analysing and improving e-commerce site performance; and securing e-commerce sites and transactions.
- E-Commerce business, marketing and legal issues – including: identifying the effects of e-commerce on business operations and revenue generations, and legal and governmental issues in e-commerce; implementing effective marketing for an e-commerce site, and strategies for effective customer services and customer relationship management.
Advantages of this course
- Certification is clear and permanent evidence of a high level of skill and knowledge in e-commerce practices and site design.
- This is a valuable asset which increases candidates’ employability in a number of business sectors for which Internet technology plays an integral role.
- CIW certifications don’t expire; once you are CIW certified, you retain your status forever, regardless of if and when we update the exam.
- An official CIW Certification Practice Exam is available, which enables candidates to instantly evaluate their level of knowledge and readiness to become certified.
- Exam scores may be challenged if candidates feel there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as a question mark over the validity of item content.