About the course
This course and exam package enables people with no prior subject knowledge in this discipline to gain the skills and knowledge needed to work effectively in today’s business environment. The exam, taken at the end of the course, is the means to gaining CIW Internet Business Associate certification. Those who pass will have permanent proof of their foundation knowledge of the important technologies that affect virtually every business operating today.
The CIW Internet Business Associate course and exam are aimed at:
- Students at high school or college – seeking a place in higher education or their first career position
- Professionals in a wide range of sectors which actively benefit from Internet technology, including:
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
Students can add certification to their academic qualifications, while professionals can increase their existing skill set and raise their value in their current employment.
Key learning points
The purpose of the course is to equip learners with a powerful core knowledge of the Internet, and apply the foundation skills required for further specialization. Content includes:
- Internet connection methods, Internet protocols, the Domain Name System (DNS) and cloud computing
- The basic functions of web browsers, the components of web addresses, the use and control of cookies, and browser use in the business world
- Browser plug-ins and add-ons, and use of browsers to download and manage files
- Databases as they relate to web search engines, and ways to conduct basic and advanced web searches
- Configuration and use of e-mail clients, guidelines for effective communication over the Internet using modern web technologies and social networking tools
- Internet research and collaboration tools, software development tools, and the patent and licensing practices that accompany software applications
- Issues and risks associated with the Internet, and the security measures that can keep your computer system and your personal information secure
- Fundamental elements of project and program management, and the importance of acquiring these skills for all IT job roles.
- The CIW Internet Business Associate exam (1D0-61A) lasts for 30 minutes and contains 30 questions testing candidates’ knowledge of the content in the study modules – and their ability to apply it.
- To pass the exam, candidates will need to achieve a score of 66.66%, demonstrating a range of knowledge and skills in this discipline.
Advantages of this course
- This package of course + exam contains all learners need to gain CIW Internet Business Associate certification:
- Through the study modules, learners gain a comprehensive knowledge and skills base with which to start or further their career
- Passing the exam gives employers the evidence they need of candidates’ knowledge of key Internet technologies and the capability in applying them in a business environment.
- No prior knowledge of the subject is required – just familiarity of an operating system such as Microsoft Windows 7.
- It is ideal both for students at high school or college, looking to complement their studies with skills and knowledge that can be applied in the workplace; and to professionals working in positions that make use of the Internet.
- An official CIW Certification Practice Exam is available, which enables candidates to instantly evaluate their level of knowledge and readiness to become certified.
- New lesson quizzes are also available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.
- Exam scores may be challenged if candidates feel there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as a question mark over the validity of item content.