About the course
Essentially, our world revolves around numbers. Some of us have a fear of them, others enjoy dealing with numbers, while in extreme cases even develop a phobia. For those of you who have already recognized and appreciate the impact that numbers actually have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand basic accounting terminology
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods
- Become familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable and Keep track of your business
- Create a journal and general ledger to document business finance
- Utilize the balance sheet
- Identify different types of financial statements
- Uncover the reasons for and create a budget
- Be familiar with internal and external auditing
Course Fast Facts:
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 6 to 8 hours of study is required
- Unlimited, lifetime access to online course
- Delivered 100% on-line and accessible 24/7 from any computer or smartphone
- You can study from home or at work, in your own time
- Download printer friendly course contentCertificate of completion awarded with passing score for the assessment
How to study online course?
This course is delivered 100% online, supported with online resources. This means the student can undertake learning activities at a time convenient to workplace demands without having to leave the work site to attend workshops.
All that is required is access to a computer and the internet.
Upon enrolment an automated email will be sent to you with your URL login address and your password (please check your junk email inbox if not received as this is an automated email), in order for you to access your online material, which is Available 24/7 on any computer or smart mobile device.
The course is easy to follow and understand. All students who complete the course receive a certificate of completion with a passing score (for the online assessment) and will be issued a certificate via email.
Minimum specifications for the computer are:
Windows:Microsoft Windows XP, or later
Modern and up to date Browser (Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
OSX/iOS 6 or later
Modern and up to date Browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
Internet bandwidth of 1Mb or faster
Flash player or a browser with HTML5 video capabilities (Currently Internet Explorer 9, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
Students will also need access the following applications:
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Students must have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Open entry. Previous schooling and academic achievements are not required for entry into this course.
Students will need access to a computer and the internet. For students who do not have access to either a computer or the internet.