About the course
Explore the world of business accounting – whether you’re looking to improve your skill set for your current role or a complete beginner who fancies a change in career direction, the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting Training would be the perfect place to start building your knowledge and practical skills in accountancy. Designed as an entry-level qualification, for those who have virtually no accounting experience, this CIMA certificate will help to lay the foundations for any prospective accountant, book keeper or small business owner. Navigate your way around five subjects, adding up to an estimated 81 study hours, before sitting down to take the computer-based assessment. Once completed, you will have a basic understanding of the key concepts that are involved in business accounting.
It’s Not Just About the Numbers
Inputting some numbers into a piece of software and analysing them is one thing, but understanding how accounting and business work together harmoniously is quite another. With this CIMA certificate, you don’t just learn the financial aspects of accounting, but also multiple facets of the subject area too, including more about the relationship between accounting and businesses in the real world. Regardless of what career you wish to follow within the business or industry sector, this course will act as a springboard for you to continue on your journey to success. In fact, this qualification forms the basis of the CIMA Professional Qualification so you can opt to continue with your studies upon completion if you wish. The possibilities are endless!
Do I Need Any Experience?
The short answer? No! As it’s an entry level qualification, you don’t need to have any accountancy experience to sign up. In fact, you don’t need to possess any formal qualifications at all to make a start with this course. A good understanding of English and Maths and the motivation to learn, are all that you require to give yourself an excellent chance of success.
Key Learning Points
- Explore the core areas that make up management accounting, including cost determination, break even analysis, financial planning and control and cost and accounting systems.
- Learn how conceptual and regulatory frameworks, accounting systems and audits and the preparation of accounting statements work together to cover the basics of financial accounting.
- Get to grips with basic maths, including probability, data analysis and variables, as well as forecasting, spreadsheets and financial mathematics and learn how these bare bones come together to create the accounting skeleton.
- Learn how the goals and targets set by businesses can be achieved and understand the importance of the market system and the macroeconomic context of business.
- Grasp the complexities of ethics and business law and demonstrate an understanding of the various aspects of the subject area, including company administration, contracts and alternative legal systems.
Advantages of this course
- Take your C01 – C05 exams to achieve your Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Certificate in Business Accounting.
- Improve your employability and increase your marketability – step above the competition with a professional qualification that matters!
- The course is split into five units to make it more manageable and to ensure retention of information without overwhelming the learner.
- Question papers at the end of each module to track progress.
- Free upgrades for a year, to ensure the information you’re learning is as up-to-date as possible.
- Printable reference guides and exercises so that you can learn away from the PC, whenever and wherever is convenient to you.
- Interactive simulations so that you can learn by doing.
- Save on accountancy fees as a business owner or add another marketable skill to your CV.
Lay the learning foundations and invest in this entry-level accounting qualification today and you’ll be well on your way towards a career in accountancy!