About the course
Expand your career horizons and sign up for this fantastic IAB course, which will see your knowledge of accounting soar. Whether you’ve recently gained the level 1 & 2 qualifications and you’d like to continue with your studies or you already have accounting experience under your belt and you’re ready to take your career to the next level, the IAB Computerised Accounting for Business Level 3 course will help to finish off your IAB qualifications nicely.
The Principles of Accounting
While part of the course is based around some of the more advanced functions available within the Sage 50 Accounts Professional package, it also covers some of the important principles of accounting that you will face in your career as a professional accountant, bookkeeper or business owner. By the end of the course, you will have a thorough understanding of some more complex topics, such as depreciation, which you will then be able to apply, with confidence, to real-life scenarios as you progress through your career.
What Do I Need To Do?
Signing up for the course is simple and completion is online, so there’s no need to worry about journey planning between home and study centre. If you have access to the Internet and an operational computer, plus the motivation to learn, you have all the tools you need to be able to complete the course. It’s available for 12 months once you have enrolled, giving you plenty of time to understand every area of the syllabus and pass your exams (included). At the end of the course you’ll walk away with an impressive level 3 certification from the IAB, a reputable industry leader.
Key Learning Points
As a course designed for people with prior knowledge of accounting, it’s important that students have either completed the previous level 1 & 2 qualifications, or at least have a working knowledge of bookkeeping or Sage 50 Accounts.
- Explore the principles of double entry bookkeeping, from the basic concepts and policies to more complex issues including depreciation, accruals and bad or doubtful debts.
- Gain insight into the principles of preparing financial statements for a sole trader, including bookkeeping errors and the trial balance.
- Learn more about the principles of VAT so that you have a clear understanding of what it is, how it’s applied and how to calculate and reclaim it.
- Discover the core concepts when dealing with bookkeeping for partnerships and not-for-profit organisations and charities.
- Get to grips with how to deal with incomplete records and cash management, so that your client or employer can ensure accurate and thorough records are maintained to a high standard.
Advantages of this course
- Dual certification from both IAB and Sage, to show future employees that you’re a force to be reckoned with!
- Increase your chance of a job offer or promotion by adding these impressive skills and an IAB level 3 qualification to your CV – it could be all that you need to step above the competition and get your foot in the door!
- Online training and keyword search facilities will help you solve any problems you may have with the technical aspects. Technical support is available via email and telephone, too.
- Eligibility to become an Associate member of the IAB and the ability to add AIAB letters to the end of your name.
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional software is included with the course, to allow hands-on study whenever you like.
- Study materials available on a smartphone too – perfect if you’re away from your desk and you have a spare moment to revise.
- Plenty of engaging videos, tutorials, exercises and tasks to keep your mind active and to aid retention. Self-assessments also available to monitor your progress as you work through the units.
- Save accountancy fees as a small business owner – take care of them yourself!
- Exam fees and two retakes are included.
The numbers surely add up; invest in your future and buy this fantastic course, today!