About the course
Impress prospective employees with your ability to competently manage business accounts using the popular Xero software, and complete this course to prove your abilities. As the leading online accounting software for small businesses, Xero Accounting knows that managing the accounts shouldn’t be complicated. If you’re a small business owner, the last thing you will want to do is confuse yourself with bookkeeping, but with this course, confusion isn’t even on the agenda. Whether you want to learn to do your own business books, you’re hoping to advance within your current accounting role, or would like to branch out with a wider skillset in the future, this course can help you to broaden your scope and give you a more in-depth insight into how business accounts can be managed well.
Start from the Very Beginning
Enrolling on this course will mean that you will learn the fundamentals of the Xero Accounting software, and how business accounts can be managed using it. Interactive, self-paced and delivered entirely online, you can work your way through the study materials whenever it is convenient to you; don’t worry about work or home commitments that you may already be juggling – there’s no need to feel any pressure of working through it all quickly, just study when you can.
The course comprises of eight modules, from the basic introduction to the Xero Accounting software, to preparing bank reconciliations and understanding sales, invoices, purchases and bills. The course is valid for a year, so you have plenty of time to learn and understand all the accounting jargon! Small business owners will know that capital is everything, and keeping control of overheads can help to balance a business, even when the economy is turbulent. Outsourcing the accounts can cost a fortune, so why not take control of them yourself?
This course will primarily appeal to small business owners, or entrepreneurs looking to start up their small business, but it can also appeal to individuals who may be on the lookout for an accounting role, or even those already in an accounting career who wish to learn a new software skill.
- Introduce yourself to the Xero Online accounting software. Learn how to load it, use it and make the most out of its features and facilities.
- Learn how to prepare bank reconciliations, including making adjustments to correct any discrepancies, tracking outstanding debits and credits and importing data from bank, credit cards and PayPal. Learn how to import and categorise transactions quickly and effectively.
- Learn how to deal with sales and invoices, and how to keep track of outstanding payments
- Understand how to make note of bills and purchases, so that the accounts are up-to-date and accurate.
- Learn how to add contacts to the software, including regular suppliers or customers. Manage cashflow by scheduling payments and batch paying suppliers.
- Learn how to review and approve receipts to ensure that expenses that can be claimed are claimed.
- Gain insight into the reporting feature, including how to view, and share, reports and budgets, without having to wait until the end of the month.
Advantages of this course
- Learn the fundamentals to successfully use Xero Accounting software to manage Business accounts.
- Gain a recognised certificate upon completion, to add to your CV – perfect if you are after that accounting role.
- Xero Accounting software is online, so no need to hunt for a copy to use at home.
- Be more efficient, lower your prices to get clients from competitors working the old way, or move clients to fixed-price terms.
- Increase your confidence, skillset and employability when you add this course to your CV
Our goal is to make your learning experience as engaging as possible at home or the office, up-skill with our self-paced online Xero Accounting course now!