About the course
This course has been designed to teach the knowledge required to make the move from a nursery practitioner to a management role within an early years setting. The course is tailored to teach the skills required to successfully manage a team of individuals working within the childcare sector.
Study Time: 100 hours
Enrolment length: 12 months
Course Format: Online
Entry Requirements: None Specific
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC Diploma. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain this Nursery Management Level 4 qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are five assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: The Management of the Nursery Team
- Communicate effectively
- Carry out appraisals and supervisions
- Understand disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Recruit and manage staff successfully
Unit 2: Safeguarding Children
- Identify the different types of child abuse
- Understand the different policies, legislation and guidelines for safeguarding children
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of staff
- Know how to report an incident
Unit 3: Health and Safety
- Ensure safe working practices are evident in the nursery
- Understand the procedures for good hygiene
- Understand the necessary procedures to follow in the case of illness
- The importance of first aid
Unit 4: The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Understand the importance of play
- Differentiate between types of learning
- Understand how to plan effectively
Unit 5: Observation, Assessments and Planning
- Support staff in carrying out effective observations
- Complete summative assessments
- Support staff in effective planning
- Complete transitions to school
- Source third party support
Unit 6: Human Resources and Effective Marketing
- Understand the importance of staffing
- Consider any legal implications
- Comply with employer’s obligations
- Have an effective employment relationship with staff
- Know where to advertise
Understand how to market the business
Monitor effectiveness of advertising
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Distance learning|