About the course
This course is designed for people who wish to start their own business as a wedding planner or work in a wedding planning company. With units that cover all of the main aspects of working with clients to budget and plan the entire wedding process, the qualification is extremely useful and relevant to a wedding planners day-to-day duties. After finishing this wedding planner course you can move on to further event management qualifications or set up your own wedding planning business with uncapped earning potential.
Study Time: 100 hours
Enrolment length: 12 months
Course Format: Online
Entry Requirements: None Specific
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an ABC Awards certificate and an OLC Diploma. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain this Wedding Planner Level 3 qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are six assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 6 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
The Role of the Wedding Planner
- Identify the qualities and characteristics of a successful wedding planner
- Discuss the ways in which a wedding planner can help colleagues and clients to provide a high quality service
- Explain the ways in which a good rapport can be built with clients and how this is maintained
- Develop the key elements of customer service required for a wedding planner
Planning for the Big Day
- Describe the process of organising weddings and the necessary skills and equipment needed
- Discuss which main elements are incorporated in a wedding and how to plan for each
- Describe the wedding planning process from start to finish
- Discuss any other requirements that may be required
Budgeting and Finance
- Describe the process of planning budgets with your clients
- Discuss the importance of contingency funds and the need for backups when budgeting for a wedding
- Describe the process of communication with clients to ensure that budgets are stuck to
- Discuss ways to limit areas of spending and how budgets can be altered should they need to be
- Know the legal requirements of overseas weddings
- Identify any potential issues and problems with weddings abroad
- Describe the process of organising and creating weddings overseas
- Understand the process of co-ordinating weddings and how you should tailor your approach when working overseas
Types of Weddings and Etiquette
- Describe the different types of wedding that you may be employed to plan
- Understand the wedding etiquette that must be employed when dealing with different ceremonies
- Describe the additional needs of certain weddings that are not particularly traditional
- Identify different themed weddings and precautions that should be taken to deliver these
Launching your own Wedding Planner business
- Discuss various laws which need to be considered when starting your own business
- Identify any documentation that needs to be completed in order to launch a company
- Describe ways in which you can market yourself and your company in order to attract clients
- Describe financial information that must be submitted to HMRC for you to be classed as self employed and pay the necessary taxes
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Distance learning|