About the course
Do You Want To Be A Great Leader? Then this is for you. A great leader attracts great people and knows how to hold them together with motivation. On this Leadership Course will discover how to
- Become a true Leader of your team
- Understand the Motivation Formula
- Develop exceptional people
- Inspire them to Higher Achievement
- Move from Manager to Inspirational Leader
- Be the Leader that gets results and
- Be the leader people choose to follow
If you want to be a great leader then why not join us on the one day course at The Bolholt Country Parl Hotel Bury BL8 1PU
This course will help you develop your leadership style and effectiveness, examining leadership from three perspectives:
Yours - understanding and developing the skills and characteristics you have and how you use them.
Your team’s - how team members may perceive you and the effect you have on them and they on you.
How your leadership impacts on the organisation as a whole. Discover how to drive the organisational vision?
Understanding leadership is finding a working balance between these three potentially conflicting perspectives and becoming flexible in your leadership approach to be able to meet the changing needs, both inside your business and wider in society.
What are you and the people you lead truly capable of?
Do you want them always be the same or do you want to influence their development to support the leader’s vision?
This course will allow you to explore what you and the people you lead are truly capable of and help you develop practical strategies to build upon your leadership character.
- What is leadership?
- What is management?
- Role reflection exercise – management or leadership tasks
- The leadership role model
- What kind of leader are you?
- The 6 Functions of a leader - levels of authority and responsibility to deliver
- The essential skills of leadership
- Character traits and attitude of leadership
- John Adair’s Action Centred Leadership – Task, Team, and Individual needs
- Leadership Practices inventory
- Knowing and developing your style of leadership
- Leadership Styles
- Continuum of leadership styles
- Contingency Theory
- Stages of Team Development and the role of the leader
- Understanding and using empowerment
- The role of leadership in your organisation
- Your contribution to leadership
- Perception of leadership
- Personal action planning
Trainer profile: Melanie Windle
Melanie Windle is an experienced and creative personal development trainer and group facilitator whose methods and style of delivery empower individuals and groups to realise their potential.
Melanie has been involved in developing people for over 25 years. Her specialist areas of training are the personal development skills required for managing ourselves, managing others or being managed. She works extensively across all three sectors – public, private and not-for-profit – both nationally and international.
Why not join us on the next course and book your place now?