Club Supervisor and Play Workers
Conkers Club After School care
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an afterschool club to aid parents of children at Bushmead Primary School. The club will be held at Bushmead Community Centre.
The Club’s focus is to engage children aged between 4 and 11 with both structured and free play in a safe, encouraging and fun environment. Each day will have new activities for the children to undertake, incorporating some seasonal and culturally focused themes. Healthy snacks will be provided.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Club Supervisor and two play workers to join our new team in January/February 2017.
We will help train staff in key skills such as first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding where required. Clear enhanced DBS or CRB check will be required.
Day to day management of the Club (Supervisor)
Assist with day to day activities of the club
Provide quality playcare within the framework of the club’s
policies and procedures
Line manager: Club Manager / Club Supervisor
Responsible for: Play workers/school escorts / volunteers
Children attending the Club and their parents or carers
Management or proprietor and staff, students and volunteers
Childcare and play organisations, schools, registering authorities
Hours: January – April 2017. 9 hours per week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays during term time
From April 2017. 15 hours per week. Working five days a week, during term time
Wage: From £7.50 - £9.00 per hour, role dependent
Main duties include:
- Planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Providing comprehensive care for the children including collecting them from school, escorting them to the Club at the Community Centre, and delivering them safely to parents or carers.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when required.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Providing support and supervision to play workers and other staff, including volunteers.
- Holding regular staff meetings and conducting regular reviews and appraisals for staff
- Administration and record keeping, including staff and child records.
- Developing and maintaining good communication with all members of the Club, with the school, and especially with parents.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Monitoring and maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment.
- Working within the framework of the Club’s policies and procedures, and the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Perform duties in efficient, professional and courteous manner.
Person specification for the Club Supervisor role
- Experience of working with 4 to 11 year olds
- Experience of administration
- Experience of working in a supervisory or management capacity
- Delivering equal opportunities in a play setting
- Understanding the varied needs of children and families
- Providing and facilitating safe, stimulating play
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills together with sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children*
- Ability to work on own initiative, using judgement and common sense
- Familiarity with the Early Years Foundation Stage
* Para 3.26 of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014
- Appropriate Level 3 qualification
- Appropriate child protection training
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a childcare setting
- Experience of working within a play-based setting
- Experience of budgeting
- Ability to use IT based resources to support play and club administration
- Current driving licence
- Current 12-hour Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Food Hygiene Certificate
To apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com