Business Intelligence Advisor
2 days left
- Full Time
Business Intelligence Advisor (3 Posts)
£33,437 - £36,379 - C/BIA3
Monday to Friday 37 hours per week
These posts form part of the newly formed Business Improvement and Intelligence team and will drive and support continuous service improvement through effective provision of accurate and timely business intelligence and information to all our Council services and customers.
Responsibilities include :
- Be responsible for the management of a team of employees, providing direction and coordination of workloads, support and guidance, dealing with recruitment, performance management, training, welfare and discipline issues as appropriate.
- Proactively liaise, negotiate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring effective communication links are developed and maintained.
- Develop and maintain performance frameworks and evaluation systems, to ensure the timely planning, co-ordination and delivery of corporate and service improvement, objectives and outcomes.
- Prepare and present detailed business intelligence information in suitable formats for the public, managers, employees, elected members and partnership agencies.
- Maintain awareness of the changing landscape of research, intelligence and performance management to ensure information provided is up-to-date and accurate to satisfy internal and external demands.
- Support the development and implementation of information systems and procedures necessary for effective management and service improvement.
- Ensure provision of accurate information / data and statistical analysis for statutory returns, inspections, borough-wide assessments and partnership reporting arrangements.
- Provide accurate and timely business intelligence to support business planning which underpin achievement of the Council’s priorities, meet customer needs and deliver value for money.
- Oversee the development of business intelligence based management reports and reporting applications.
- Work and liaise with our customer’s to improve data quality standards, ensuring the accuracy of the data and information provided by the team is of a high standard for accurate decision making.
- Utilise, develop and produce geographical information to support informed decision making.
- Lead on identifying and resolving gaps and/or barriers in information provision and develop new ways of collecting, analysing and maintaining required data within appropriate data governance guidelines.
Further details are available from our website at www.barnsley.gov.uk
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 20th January 2017, at 11.59pm
This post requires a Disclosure Scotland Basic Criminal Record Check.