Commis chef/Chef de Partie Italian Restaurant #Brighton #Sussex upto 1
We are looking for a 2nd chef for our first Brighton site.
Since 2013, we have grown from a vintage street food van serving up great Italian food & drink at festivals and events to hosting supper clubs and private bookings as well as working with big food brands across the UK including Birra Moretti and Jamie Oliver's Big Feastival.
We opened our first site on Vine St in Brighton's North Laines in November 2016 and we are looking for a second chef to help us keep up with growing demand at Vine St.
Our menu focuses on the best, seasonal ingredients with antipasti and small plates, a regularly changing selection of fresh pasta dishes, specials and simple desserts.
We are looking for a creative, motivated and energetic person to help us develop the menu and push it forward. You will want to constantly achieve a high standard of cooking.
We would like you to have at least two years experience in a busy kitchen and be willing to learn new skills. You also will need excellent English and communication skills as you will be customer facing in an open plan kitchen.
Experience with Italian food and cooking would be beneficial but it is not essential. Most importantly we are looking for someone with a real passion for food, service and hospitality, and a love of cooking simply and seasonally.
If you think you are what we are looking for, please get in touch via email at
As our 2nd chef you will be required to do the following:
- be extremely clean and well organised, particularly in our open kitchen
- assist with menu writing and be keen to bring new ideas to the table
- be motivated, friendly and approachable even under pressure
- be responsible for stock management and help with food ordering
- want to grow with our business and be a long term member of our team.
What you can expect from working with us:
- starting salary from ??18,500 p.a. + tips
- the opportunity to work with our Head Chef Jamie Halsall and grow with a company at the beginning of our journey
- you will work in a small, tight team that supports each other through each shift to give our customers a great dining experience
- our promise to train you in all aspects of hospitality including opportunities for stages at our contacts at top restaurants in Brighton and London
- regular supplier visits and learning days
- flexible working hours