Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are continuously recruiting for Abattoir Operatives to work at our client’s busy meat processing site based in Ellesmere, Shropshire.
We are ideally looking for people that have previous experience working in an Abattoir or in a fast paced food production environment using a knife, however, this is not essential as full training will be provided.
The main duties of the role will include:
- To control and monitor the processing function of the tallow plant
- To ensure the days allocation of fat from the abattoir is processed during that day’s operation
- To record and report daily processing volumes
- Adhering to hygiene and food safety policies and procedures
- Following strict Health and Safety procedures
- Working as part of the on-site team
- Having a flexible approach to work, and the ability to carry out additional duties as and when required
- Full training will be given however a background involving machine minding and a mechanical attitude is desired
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task
- A reasonable understanding of written and spoken English is also essential for this position
The hours of work will be alternating shifts of 7am – 4pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday. There is also possible overtime available every second Saturday.
The pay rate for this position will be £7.50 per hour until training is complete and then rate will rise to around £10 - £12 per hour.
If you feel that you could be a success in the role then please apply now!
Apply for Abattoir Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly