Class 2 ADR Delivery Driver
Class 2 ADR Delivery Driver based Medway City, Rochester, Kent offering an attractive salary plus benefits.
ADR certificate in Gases and Packages would be advantages but not essential.
The role of Class 2 ADR Driver:
You will be required to deliver Air Products gas bottles and goods to commercial sites legally, safely and efficiently. The ideal candidate will have experience in multi-drop delivery and hold a current 7.5 tonne or class-2 license, CPC, digi tacho card.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete a daily pre-use inspection check sheet for the vehicle and any specialised equipment that you may need to use as part of your daily work.
- Where appropriate, operate specialised equipment such as Fork Lift Truck; to load/unload own vehicle, ensuring a safe/legal weight distribution of cylinders at all times.
- Apply defensive driving techniques and knowledge of commercial driving regulations to ensure the safe transit and delivery of cylinders.
- Use safe cylinder/manual handling techniques to deliver/collect cylinders to/from customers.
- Use hand held computer technology to scan and record cylinder transactions.
- Produce and check all customer delivery documentation, capturing a customer signature at the point of delivery.
- Escalate customer queries on commercial, product and safety issues to the appropriate person.
- Carry out all duties safely and utilise personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times in line with training and work instructions.
- Report hazards, near-misses and incidents and support investigations.
The ideal Class 2 Driver:
- Team worker but also happy to work unsupervised.
- Awareness and understanding of the importance of health and safety issues.
- ADR certificate in Gases and Packages would be advantages but not essential.
- The ideal candidate will have no more than 3 points on their license and no CU80's
Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Additional duties, responsibilities and projects may also be required.
Hours: 42.5 per week (Monday-Friday) 7:30 – 5pm
Holiday entitlement: 25 Days (pro rata)