BASE: Fundraising Office
Salisbury District Hospital
Reporting to: Finance Officer
Hours: Part time (equivalent 28 hours a week) 27 days annual leave pro rata
PAY: £18,000 - £20,000 pro rata
To support the Finance Officer in the running of the financial affairs of the charity.
SCOPE OF JOB
This post will support the Finance Officer and Head of Fundraising to carry out a range of finance and administration duties for Salisbury Hospice Charity, including maintenance of financial records, the provision of regular management account records and supporting the fundraising team in their budget management.
The post holder will use his/her own initiative to progress their own workload, liaising with colleagues within the wider organisation of the Charity to prioritise actions appropriately to meet requisite deadlines.
The post holder will, on a day-to-day basis, be the first point of contact for enquiries relating to the receipts and payments for Salisbury Hospice Charity.
The lists of specific responsibilities below outline the range of tasks that the post holder will routinely be involved with, but all tasks will be under the direction of the Finance Officer.
DIMENSIONS & LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Responsible for supporting the Finance Officer and Head of Fundraising in managing the finances of the Charity.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure the smooth operation of all finance matters.
- To support the Finance Officer by inputting income and expenses onto the Sage accounting system from source documents.
- To assist the Finance Officer in the production of financial statements, preparation of spread sheets, reports and correspondence as required.
- To plan, organise and manage own workload to ensure that the contribution to the charity’s financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To process invoices and expenses for payment.
- To prepare and process bank account reconciliations for all bank accounts, ensuring full audit papers are maintained.
- To process miscellaneous income and prepare and post cash book records onto the computerised accounting system as required.
- To ensure accurate and proper financial procedures, banking and administration as required by Salisbury Hospice Charity.
- To prepare Gift Aid claims.
- To accurately and efficiently handle the processing of donations on to data base and commit batches to show accurate records.
- To provide financial support to team members.
- To undertake any other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role.
- To participate in education, training, development and appraisal and attend meetings as required.
- To fulfil mutually agreed additional duties as are deemed necessary.
NB The above list of principal duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but describes the job purpose in greater detail.
- Head of Fundraising
- Finance officer
- Fundraising staff
- Hospice staff
- Principally working in the charity’s offices Salisbury District Hospital, Odstock Road Salisbury SP2 8BJ.
Health & Safety at Work Act
It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure that the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act are complied with, safe working practices are adhered to, and that hazards are observed and reported to the appropriate office.
Click apply for more information