Senior Children's Support Worker
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Children’s Support Worker in Sheffield, South Yorkshire to join a residential provider of transitional services for young people with emotional behavioural difficulties. This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative home, which provides tailored therapeutic services to each individual they support.
As a Senior Children’s Support Worker, you will provide consistency and provide trust with the young people you support. Your duties could include:
- Providing physical and emotional support, through therapeutic practices.
- Involving each individual in all decisions that affect them, encouraging independence
- Encouraging each child to partake in social activities and pursue hobbies.
- Offer ongoing support and enable rather than doing.
- Involved in care planning and carrying out risk assessments.
What experience and qualifications will you need?
Supervisory experience within a residential children’s home.
Hold at least a Level 3 in Health & Social Care, or working towards this.
Previous experience supporting children with complex needs/EBD.
What are the hours, salary and benefits?
- Full time, contracted shift hours, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and sleep ins, and waking nights.
- £8.45 - £8.95 per hour DOE, plus £25 per sleep in.
- Ongoing training and support.
This Senior Children’s Support Worker job is an exciting opportunity for someone dedicated to providing a quality service to young people, by inspiring and leading your team. If you would like more information, please click on ‘Apply’ and we will contact you to discuss further.