Customer Support Co-ordinator - Castle Donington
Customer Support Co-ordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager / Takes Direction from: Operations Manager
Salary: £18k / Working Hours: 8:30 to 5:30 (Monday to Friday)
Based at: Annesley, Nottinghamshire (NG15 0DT)
From receiving new claim instructions from existing Clients they require all claims that are assigned to you to be managed from the outset of the claim through to completion.
To identify, engage and manage the resources to successfully manage all claims within Client/Company SLA's.
Keep all parties associated with the claims actively informed and all computer systems current to reflect the progress of the claims. To arrange visits with occupant/Policyholders and interact with them to swiftly obtain documents etc. and sign offs so that work can proceed or be closed. To resolve issues quickly and adeptly to prevent them evolving into formal complaints. To resolve complaints quickly and adeptly to prevent them evolving into major incidents. To periodically check the company input channels and update themselves, colleagues and management on actions to be taken. At times, to carry out and/or assist the company in other duties that the company believe fall within their capability. To produce the work the company requires in the manner and method that the company requires.
This job is suited to a person with a proactive, strong work ethic. Capable of and wants to work in a fast paced, demanding, high pressure business in a high stress constant problem solving role, where one is on the go and has to be work focused and alert the entire day.
The ideal person is intelligent, self-motivated, a natural problem solver that relishes and thrives on challenges.
The person must be dedicated, disciplined, methodical, highly energised with a bright, vibrant, upbeat, positive personality who can quickly, skilfully and adeptly resolve problems and issues themselves, with minimal need to engage colleagues. They must be able to carry their own workload by themselves and not be a burden onto others. They must be able to constantly exercise good judgement in all areas of the role, immediately and directly escalating issues to others when unable to progress and ensuring the company is never exposed. They must have a high, graceful tolerance to constant interruptions, be able to suspend what they are currently doing and help generate a successful outcome to the cause that triggered the interruption. They must be face-to face, direct communication individuals, constantly, directly following up with people.
The person must have the qualities of disciplined, detailed analysis/resolution and good interactive people communication, as this is a hybrid role combining methodical technical skills with people interaction skills in often awkward and difficult situations.
As a main voice contact with clients and customers where impressions really matter, and the high volume of interactive voice communication, it is essential the person have excellent spoken and written English, excellent voice communication skills and an excellent phone manner.
The ideal person would have worked for companies delivering broad based building remedial solutions preferably in the Social Housing and Commercial and Domestic Insurance sectors. Their skills should include managing their own portfolio of claims and take full ownership of their claims until, successfully managing the completion of these claims to the our and our clients SLA's, while keeping all associated parties actively informed. They would have proven themselves in successfully handling awkward and difficult situations, preventing them turning into complaints and successfully resolving them when they do turn into complaints.
Main Job Responsibilities / Functions:
- Create new claims received on our claims management system, make initial contact calls to Policyholders and to ascertain all relevant information that we require to make sure our repair partner contractors surveyors or project managers survey all the damage that the Policyholder informed us of on our initial contact call. To prevent anything being missed on site and a return visit having to be arranged at a later date.
- Create the initial file information on computer for new instructions, distributing and updating as required
- Constantly monitor the company input communication channels such as email boxes, computer systems, voicemail messages, fax and mail, subsequently updating appropriate computer systems, staff and management.
- Provide management information and reporting for Clients and Company.
- Log Complaints, Manage and Monitor resolution following Client Processes.
- Book appointments between company personnel and clients/building occupants/contractors, e.g. book survey appointments.
- Obtain in a timely manner, authorizations, mandates, excess payments, material selections, skip permits, etc. for their work packages
- Arrange agreed start dates and EFD's within SLA or dates and times to suite the Policyholder.
- Work programme (liaise with our repair partner contractors to make sure, we are fully aware of when trades are going to be on and off site and keep the Policyholders updated throughout the lifecycle of claim)
- Ensure purchase orders are raised and match the current approved scope of works .
- Answer Phones, Other tasks as requested by company management
- Be proactive in keeping all parties associated with the claim up to date using direct communication (phone, fax, text (SMS) or email) and backed up by email and notes on our claims management system.
- Resolve issues quickly and adeptly preventing them from evolving into formal complaints.
- Respond quickly to and assist with management requests.
- Making sure that Policyholder are constantly updated throughout the lifecycle with the claim and deal with any queries or concerns they may raise and liaise with the repair partner contractor to make sure these are dealt with in a swift and timely manner.
- Dealing with all your claim task reports on a day to day basis to make sure every step of the claim is in hand, which will prevent any unnecessary delays with the claims.
- Making sure Customer Satisfaction calls are carried out on all claims on completion of works to make sure there are no issues or snagging works required. Prior to requesting final invoices to be raised and sent to clients.
- You may be asked to work on occasion's additional hours in busy and surge periods.
Qualifications / Experience Requirements
- Cert CII or similar insurance certification