Support Worker - Croydon
Enable our client's service users to live outstanding lives - No experience required - full training given.
Full and part time vacancies available.
Salary: £8.15 per hour (days) / £8.99 per hour (nights)
Jobs available in Caterham, Selsdon, Ealing, Sutton, Purley, Wallington, Beddington, Streatham
Some of their benefits:
• Pension Scheme
• Tax Free Refer a Friend Bonus
• Long Service Award Vouchers
• Annual Leave Entitlement that increase with years of service
• Childcare Vouchers
• Vouchers for Employee of the month (£250) and Employee of the Year (£2000)
• House points scheme in which points mean prizes for example extra annual leave.
Our client was founded in 1997, specifically to support people with epilepsy and learning difficulties to fulfill their potential and achieve their own objectives. They are one of the UK's only providers of specialist care and support for people with epilepsy who may also have other needs, such as learning disabilities and/ or physical disabilities. They see people as individuals.
They excel at designing, and providing, uniquely bespoke care packages for individuals that prefer a calm, professional approach.
Their person-centered, community based services offer 24 hour waking support staff, specialist epilepsy nurses and bespoke epilepsy alarm systems.
Today, they employ over 300 staff, and support over 100 service users aged 16 and over in either their community based residential care services or through our supported living programmes.
To provide all service users with the highest standards of care and support. Ensuring service users are treated with respect, dignity and in a way that enables and promotes their independence as individuals. Ensuring the Company policies and procedures are adhered to and requirements of the Care Quality Commission are met. Support workers will also be responsible for ensuring service users' needs are met through ad-hoc shift leading and mentoring less experienced employees through on-the-job training.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
• Support individual service user needs in accordance with the Person Centered Plan (PCP).
• Diagnose seizures and support service users during a seizure, administering emergency medication if needed.
• Under the guidance of the medical team support service users to attend medical appointments and provide a comprehensive feedback to the service manager in order to support the service users' ongoing medical needs.
• Contribute to the prevention and management of challenging behaviours following behavioural management guidelines.
• Support quality assurance activities of services as required.
• Promote service users' rights to confidentiality of information in accordance with the guidelines of company policy and data protection laws.
• Responsible for administering daily medication and carrying out activities in line with medication training requirements.
• Assist with aspects of personal and intimate care as required for each service user
• To undertake domestic duties as and when required, as part of providing daily living skills/maintaining a home life environment for the service users
• Support service users with physical disabilities using trained techniques and aids e.g. hoists, wheelchairs, modified bathing equipment.
• Attend and participate in service user activities e.g. holidays/trips, participate in swimming sessions and other activities as per each service user's PCP.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this Support Worker role.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.