Support Workers & Care Assistants
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Support Worker or Care Assistant and do you live in the Southampton area of Hampshire?
Our client is a leading care provider of specialist behavioural health services, to adults with learning disabilities and a range of complex needs. You will be working within residential services, supporting individuals through therapeutic care, encouraging daily life skills and enhancing social interaction.
This is an extremely fulfilling job where you can help people overcome their struggles and turn their lives around. You will be working with a fantastic team, with proven innovative techniques to enable you to make a real difference.
As a Support Worker/Care Assistant, your role will include:
- Building a strong bond with the people you support to understand their specific needs.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and enjoyable environment, including domestic duties.
- Assisting with medication when required.
- Supporting with their daily routine, including personal care, mental and physical wellbeing.
- Encouraging each individual and support with day to day tasks and social activities within the community.
What experience will I need?
Some prior experience within care would be highly desirable, however is not essential.
Above all you will show dedication to effectively support each individual through the good and the bad. You will have the passion to make every day count and strive towards positive outcomes.
Being a car driver would be desirable, due to the location of the home.
What are the hours and benefits?
- £8.25 per hour, increasing to £8.60 per hour after probation.
- Full time, 42 hours per week.
- Full in-house training and career progression.
- DBS paid for.
If you are interested in this Support Worker/Care Assistant job and would like more information, please click on ‘Apply’ and we will contact you to discuss further.