LGV Driver Class 1
2 days left
- Full Time
As a market leading Logistics provider, Fowler Welch delivers a range of products and services to professional Retailers and Wholesalers across the UK. This is achieved by every employee playing an important role to ensure all our customers get the very best from the business.
Our team of professional drivers are at the heart of the service we provide and are vital to the success of the business.
Join Fowler Welch as a driver and help to deliver an exceptional standard of service to our customer base across the UK. However this role is more than just driving; you will become an ambassador for our brand representing us out on the open road and face to face with our customers. You can expect to work within a modern fleet using the latest technology and be supported by a team of transport professionals.
We are currently looking for experienced LGV Drivers to join our team at our Hilsea Depot.
- Providing high standards of customer service and relations to customers and suppliers, ensuring compliance with their site rules and regulations at all times
- Liaising with the Operations desk to make them aware of any potential difficulties or any variations from original brief
- To accurately complete all documentation required by the Company and the customer
- Deliver Company and Customer Service level agreements
- Undertake all work in line with current drivers’ hours, Tachograph and Working Time Directives
- Undertake shunting duties as and when required
- You will hold a full LGV Licence (Class 1 C+E) and hold your full CPC qualification (DQC card).
- Experienced in driving within a busy transport environment or similar
- Sound geographical knowledge
- Effective communication skills and understanding of customer service requirements
- A good understanding of legal requirements regarding tachographs and driving hours
Full training on internal systems and procedures will be provided.
A degree of flexibility is required to fulfil Customer requirements.
Salary, Incentives and Benefits
The salaries we offer at Fowler Welch are competitive for the area with the other logistics companies based here. However we also offer increased shift premiums in various situations.
SafeDrive Incentive Scheme - Subject to eligibility criteria Drivers can receive a bonus each quarter if they are collision free.
Driver of the Year - Subject to eligibility criteria Drivers could be put forward for the Driver of The Year award.
Benefits – At Fowler Welch we value our employees and offer a range of employee benefits which focus on your wellbeing which are delivered exclusively to Fowler Welch employees. Some of these benefits can be taken advantage of from the first day of employment.
You will receive the Fowler Welch Drivers uniform.
Annual Leave is 20 days plus bank holidays.(28 days in total)
STAR – we have a recognition scheme that rewards our employees “going the extra mile”
We have a competitive company pension scheme
We offer childcare vouchers
Free parking across sites
Colleague Assistant Telephone helpline – confidential support is available at any time of the day or night as well as six face to face counselling sessions where clinically appropriate
Life insurance - provided to all employees at Fowler Welch
GP helpline – 24/7, 365 days a year GP Consultation service
Online health assessment - you can review your health and fitness levels for free with our online health assessment and provided healthy eating and exercise plans
Fowler Welch Health Cash Plan - you can receive cash payments towards everyday healthcare (for a monthly premium you can have increased levels and add your family to this Plan)
Cycle to work scheme
Discounted gym membership
Saving you money – you can save money every day, with discounts and special offers on hundreds of well-known brands
Travel insurance from Jet2.com – you can enjoy a 20% discount on all single trip, annual multi-trip or winter sports policies purchased from Jet2
Benefits with a Monthly Premium (optional)
Plan4Life Cancer Cover – for a monthly premium you can claim up to £2,000 at the point of diagnosis of cancer to spend whichever way helps you most
Personal accident insurance – for a monthly premium you are insured for accidents resulting in certain medical emergencies
This is not an exhaustive list of the benefits that we offer.
Apply for LGV Driver Class 1
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly