Childcare Development Practitioner
Foundation Training provides innovative learning opportunities, within social enterprises, for young people who have struggled in more traditional education and training settings.
Childcare Development Practitioner - Childcare Pathways
Job type: Permanent
Hours: Part-time (22.5 hrs p/wk) or Full-time (37.5 hrs p/wk)
Salary: £16,000 - £17,250 pa, pro rata for part-time
Based: Milton Keynes
- To run crèches, parent and tots groups, and school age holiday schemes
- To work with and train young people to develop the range of skills needed to run Early Years setting and holiday clubs.
We use our social enterprises to help young people to:
- Build their confidence and self esteem
- Develop vocational, employability, social and life skills
- Gain vocational and employability qualifications
- Grow skills and achieve qualifications in Maths and English
- Identify the next steps towards more independent living
You will have:
- A passion for working with parents, families and children
- Ability to run crèches for children and establish strong partnerships with parents
- Experience with working, supporting and training young people
- Knowledge of safe guarding procedures in an Early Years setting
- A childcare qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and requirements set out by Ofsted relevant to Early Years provision
- Qualifications at level 2 or above in English and Maths
- Strong team work skills and an ability to work constructively with others
The closing date for applications will be mid-day on Friday, 3 November 2017
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
This position requires an enhanced DBS check.
No agencies please.