P/T Payroll Manager
Part Time Payroll Manager
The Payroll Manager will be required to deliver a swift and efficient payroll and benefits administration service to the UK business (approx. 260 heads) ensuring timely, accurate and effective payment of employees, and compliance with payroll and benefits regulations and legislation. Displaying an outstanding level of service to all internal and external customers the Payroll Manager will be responsible for the end to end payroll and benefits administration process for the UK through the use of the HRIS system, government gateway and online benefits system.
The Payroll Manager will also be responsible for all relevant periodic PAYE reporting, including P11d (or equivalent PAYE process), P60, P35, P45 and other associated reporting. UK Payroll Processing
- Administer the end to end payroll process including month end and year end actions.
- Send monthly reminders to managers, finance and HR of payroll cut offs and hold everyone to the cut off dates.
- Ensure that all payroll actions are completed in a timely and effective manner to ensure payroll deadlines are met.
- Answer all PAYE and benefits related queries from employees.
- Notify finance and HR when the processes are completed in order that final checks can be completed and the BACS payment authorized
- Liaise with members of HR and Finance relating to starter, leaver, sickness, unpaid leave and other payroll related actions.
- Keep copies of all authorisations for payroll actions filed for audit purposes.
- Review payroll processes and make recommendations for improvements (within budget) accordingly.
EU Payroll Liaison
- Co-ordinate the collection of data and authorizations from the EU teams and relevant manager and notify the EU payroll providers in a timely and effective manner.
- Keep the HRD appraised of any notifications from EU countries of changes to regulations
- Provide monthly and annual payment data as may be required for the reporting of regulatory data as needed, including but not limited to: gender pay reporting, equal pay, sick pay deductions
- Provide data as may be needed from time to time for corporate KPIs
- Ensure all data is kept fully confidential in line with Data Protection and GDPR regulations.
- Maintain the monthly, annual and ad hoc benefit windows as instructed by the HR team.
- Fully understand the company's benefits offerings, both on line and off line
- Review processes and recommend streamlining initiatives.
- Administer benefits and pension data uploads and monthly benefits closure process though the relevant online tools and update providers accordingly with support from and in liaison with the HR Team.
- Run monthly data audits with the HR Administrator to ensure data in the system is accurate.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Payroll Manager (full process) or standalone Payroll Officer with responsibility for end to end Payroll processes.
- Thorough understanding of UK PAYE and statutory benefit regulations (e.g. NI, SMP, SSP, Auto Enrolment).
- Experience of managing Payroll using an online payroll tool - e.g. Ceridian, ADP, SAP, PeopleSoft.
- Highly numerate and good computer literacy.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience of using interactive payroll technology
- Competent using Excel for tracking and reporting.
- Broad knowledge of HR as a function.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successfulAmbridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.