Assistant Plant Manager, Biomass CHP
Job Title: Assistant Plant Manager
Salary: Very Competitive
JG Pears, are a long established, highly successful, family owned and run business with their animal rendering operation at Newark, Nottinghamshire, of key strategic importance to the UK, meat and poultry market. To enhance the competitive operation of the existing animal rendering plant, JG Pears are commissioning a new CHP Facility which will provide process steam and electricity, with an electrical export connection. The CHP will utilise Meat and Bonemeal (MBM) as primary fuel producing a heat input of 42MWth to the boiler and thus generating up to 10.7MWe (at 1.5t/h process steam).
JG Pears are therefore looking to appoint an Assistant Plant Manager to manage the safe and reliable, operation and maintenance of the new CHP Facility.
The Assistant Plant Manager will be employed during the construction phase of the project to ensure plant and process knowledge is established. They will report to the Plant Manager during the construction phase and will jointly deliver recruitment, training and O&M deliverables before plant take-over. Thereafter the Assistant Plant Manager will report to and deputise for the Plant Manager, taking responsibility for the successful overall maintenance of the plant, ensuring that all systems, processes and procedures are compliant and thus managed and operated, effectively and efficiently.
The Assistant Plant Manager will be employed directly by Cobalt Energy Limited and will perform a dual role, to include the function of technical support in-line with Cobalt Energy Limited, Operational Support Agreement. On completion of the Operational Support Agreement, the Assistant Plant Manager will be transferred to JG Pears Power (O&M) Limited as Assistant Plant Manager.
This is a senior management role within a very successful and progressive organisation and one that can offer great career prospects.
Job Location: North East Nottinghamshire, UK
- Daily management of the facility maintenance team, thus ensuring the planned maintenance of equipment is carried out in accordance with the maintenance schedule and the specification of the works.
- Managing reactive maintenance and thus managing change; to eliminate chronic, and reduce acute, delays.
- Forward planning and managing plant outage maintenance, and inspections in-line with PSSR requirements.
- Directing and controlling operations on all mechanical and electrical plant.
- Deputising for the Plant Manager as required, including covering all administration activities.
- Ensuring the completion of all relevant documentation and reports in-line with health, safety, environmental and quality, facility systems.
- Selection, monitoring and supervision of 3rd party contractors.
- Ensuring all work is carried out with the highest regard and compliance to statutory and regulatory health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Fostering and promoting a strong health, safety, environmental and quality culture for all employees and visitors.
- Preferably an engineering qualification: ONC/HNC/HND/Degree or extensive and proven mechanical, electrical, control & instrumentation understanding and experience.
- Senior engineering management experience of at least 3 years, ideally in a Biomass/EfW power generating facility.
- Knowledge and experience of QHSE management systems, continuous improvement and management of change.
- Knowledge and experience of standard operating procedures, permit systems.
- Knowledge and experience of computerised maintenance management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of planning and implementing outages.
- You must have the drive and motivation to be successful in leading a skilled power generation team.