Fantastic opportunity for an ACCA/ACA qualified/part qualified accountant to manage the management and financial reports for a respected house builder and property developer in the South East. This may be a perfect role for an accountant currently in Practice and looking to move into industry or an experienced accountant with a background in producing monthly reports.
The role pays up to £42,000 and will be based in Southend on Sea.
- Ensure all bank reconciliations satisfactorily completed (including all lenders accounts and credit card accounts) and all interest thereon paid or accrued for.
- Ensure that balances on all "cash book" accounts agree top their corresponding nominal balances
- Ensure aged debtors and aged creditors both agree to the trial balance
- Ensure all inter company balances agree at month end
- Ensure all payroll controls agree including CIS, PAYE, NI, Student Loan and Pension.
- Ensure net wages control agrees
- Ensure VAT control agrees
- Reconcile items in suspense or adjust as necessary
- Review all WIP values, ensuring time-sheet journals have gone through for own sites
- Complete and reconcile as necessary monthly WIP summary for each company
- Ensure layouts complete
- Completion of monthly cash-flow forecast.
- Monthly VAT return
- Run month end profit and loss account, balance sheet and trial balance
- Qualified ACCA/ACA Accountant
- Experience in production of monthly accountants up to Trial Balance.
- Experience in working with Auditors with Statutory Financial statements
- Knoweldege of the property or construction industries would be desirable but not essential.
Please contact Bill Brace at Taylor Hawkes for further information.